How to quiet my exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mag6

Reaction score
Hey everybody I’m interested in losing a few decibels on my gen 2 Vmax. (yes I’m older:) I’ll post pics of what I have. Any recommendations appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_7497.jpeg
    IMG_7497.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7498.jpeg
    IMG_7498.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7502.jpeg
    IMG_7502.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Those are UFO's, which are pretty old. They're now done by Star Rider Performance.

https://starriderperformance.com/

You need to contact them and see if there is something they can do for you. They should be able to make you a new baffle to quiet them down a bit or send you the packing material to do it yourself.

Last edited:
That's what I like about Supertrapps. They are adjustable. I have 6 discs in mine to satisfy my taste.

I have the UFO exhaust on my first gen. I have repacked them and added extra baffles and it barely did anything to reduce the volume. Decided to just run them until I get a ticket, then maybe put the stock back on it. 3rd summer and no ticket yet. I do drive pretty tame in town, but let here rip once I get out of town and wear ear plugs when I ride.

Hey everybody I’m interested in losing a few decibels on my gen 2 Vmax. (yes I’m older:) I’ll post pics of what I have. Any recommendations appreciated
Repack with ceramic and pack super tight. Or. Buy and insert a glass pack insert available from ebay. Insert into the UFO muffler it into the pipe before the muffler.

I have the UFO exhaust on my first gen. I have repacked them and added extra baffles and it barely did anything to reduce the volume. Decided to just run them until I get a ticket, then maybe put the stock back on it. 3rd summer and no ticket yet. I do drive pretty tame in town, but let here rip once I get out of town and wear ear plugs when I ride.

Attachments

• IMG_4689.png
    IMG_4689.png
    341.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4688.png
    IMG_4688.png
    276.3 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back