hurry before they run out? my asp!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slg888

Reaction score
reading thru the threads seems some potential buyers feeling like there going to miss the boat? vmax friends/members....... lets not fall into yamaha's "limited production" bullcrap! as soon as these 1st 2500 units are gone, they will be coming off the production line instantly. In a few months the vmax will be collecting dust on showroom floors just as vrods, b-kings, ect are now. mfr's do not spends millions on engineering, concepts, advertising, ect, to just sell a few! this is a sales pitch to start selling units and regenerate income for the mfr's. there in business to make money, not to show us cool stuff! my local dealer has a vmax on order, with no deposit!!! HELLO! guaranteed come this xmas, you will be able to feel it, sit on it, and deal with the dealer before you drive it home.

I agree its only a motorcycle and a over priced one at that..sure everyone wants one but once the reality of 20.000 sets in... they wont move at all you can own two bikes for that price... and new o6 o7 max and a busa if you wished...i agree two years they will be 4000 lower...but i do hope the price stays up ..just makes my 06 worth more when comes time to trade in

reading thru the threads seems some potential buyers feeling like there going to miss the boat? vmax friends/members....... lets not fall into yamaha's "limited production" bullcrap! as soon as these 1st 2500 units are gone, they will be coming off the production line instantly. In a few months the vmax will be collecting dust on showroom floors just as vrods, b-kings, ect are now. mfr's do not spends millions on engineering, concepts, advertising, ect, to just sell a few! this is a sales pitch to start selling units and regenerate income for the mfr's. there in business to make money, not to show us cool stuff! my local dealer has a vmax on order, with no deposit!!! HELLO! guaranteed come this xmas, you will be able to feel it, sit on it, and deal with the dealer before you drive it home.

I agree, the bikes you mentioned, specifically the Vrod, were all hyped the same way; the FJ1300's still are, and while somewhat hard to find they ARE available and at a damn good discount on the used market.

If they spent 9-10 years in Design and R&D on this new Vmax, the expense HAS to be amortized over enough units to justify the expense. And while I agree that the new Max may be a "Halo" model for Yamaha, meaning it brings public attention and reputation attention but not neccesarrily profit, they will still attempt to amortize thier expense eventually down the line.

I would expect this new bike to probably be around for as long as the last one in largely un-redesigned form once again, and to be readily available for anyone who wants one after a few years.

When my wife bought her 350Z (which I'm sure y'all are all sick of hearing about:biglaugh:) she went to 5 dealers before she found one that would even let her test drive the car, all of them except the one she bought at wanted WELL over sticker for it, and she ended up paying full sticker for the car because she WANTED IT NOW, when they first came out.

Needless to say they are just like any other car now and can be had for a discount.

I think the Vmax will be the same way.

Rusty

I agree, the bikes you mentioned, specifically the Vrod, were all hyped the same way; the FJ1300's still are, and while somewhat hard to find they ARE available and at a damn good discount on the used market.

If they spent 9-10 years in Design and R&D on this new Vmax, the expense HAS to be amortized over enough units to justify the expense. And while I agree that the new Max may be a "Halo" model for Yamaha, meaning it brings public attention and reputation attention but not neccesarrily profit, they will still attempt to amortize thier expense eventually down the line.

I would expect this new bike to probably be around for as long as the last one in largely un-redesigned form once again, and to be readily available for anyone who wants one after a few years.

When my wife bought her 350Z (which I'm sure y'all are all sick of hearing about:biglaugh:) she went to 5 dealers before she found one that would even let her test drive the car, all of them except the one she bought at wanted WELL over sticker for it, and she ended up paying full sticker for the car because she WANTED IT NOW, when they first came out.

Needless to say they are just like any other car now and can be had for a discount.

I think the Vmax will be the same way.

Rusty
well said rusty. although I 100% believe they will be readilty avalaible by december to anyone/everyone. they are proud of it, but will be just another model for them to sell. ya, dont you wish she wanted the 350z now? could have saved 2-3 grand probably. this economy sucks for business, but great time to buy stuff. got my daughter a 2005 honda civic w/only 15,500 miles on it for $12,100 total out the door.

I can attest to the FJ's sitting in the showrooms. My local dealer has four of them and I can tell you where they are in the store while blindfolded and with the lights out. I told them they should out a rider mannequin on each one to model their riding gear..they didnt like that comment:clapping:

Don't forget the low mileage used bikes that will be for sale, as people buy them and realize they bought more than they can handle. I saw this a lot with the last generation V MAX.

I bought my first VMax in 93 used at a Harley Shop. It had 900 miles on it and I paid $5000. IT was super clean. And it was close to half price at the time. I want the new VMax, but I think I will wait for the right price used one. By then good mods will be out for them.

I should have learned a lesson about buying a new vehicle as soon as it is introduced. I bought the first model V-rod and paid $20,000 for it. I hated the thing..the radiator fan was louder than the engine ! Sold it at a $4k loss. I paid full MSRP plus dealer fees and had to take a $900 "wax job" to get a 2007 Saturn Sky Roadster, which I currently have for sale at $10,000 less than I paid for it. I paid over sticker for a '08 BRP Can-Am Spyder but at least I'm enjoying that one !!

The new Max won't be out until just before winter sets in. Few will want to tie up $20,000 waiting for spring. In most states, they will be spending the winter in the showroom...maybe that's why Yammi is hoping to tie the deal with the non refundable deposit...for those stupid enough to fall for it.

Richard

I should have learned a lesson about buying a new vehicle as soon as it is introduced. I bought the first model V-rod and paid $20,000 for it. I hated the thing..the radiator fan was louder than the engine ! Sold it at a $4k loss. I paid full MSRP plus dealer fees and had to take a $900 "wax job" to get a 2007 Saturn Sky Roadster, which I currently have for sale at $10,000 less than I paid for it. I paid over sticker for a '08 BRP Can-Am Spyder but at least I'm enjoying that one !!

The new Max won't be out until just before winter sets in. Few will want to tie up $20,000 waiting for spring. In most states, they will be spending the winter in the showroom...maybe that's why Yammi is hoping to tie the deal with the non refundable deposit...for those stupid enough to fall for it.

Richard
well said richard! I paid $10,200 total with tax out the door for my 2005 vmax 20th anniversary "limited edition" ha ha. If i buy a 09, I will buy one for 15-16k new in 1 year. ya, as i mentioned before, when the #2500 limited edition rolls off the production line, # 2501 will be 2 minutes behind that one. its a quality bike, but mfr's need quantity to make money.

I went by the dealer yesterday to sign an Ag Exempt form on a UTV I bought a while back and asked the sales manager about all this.

He said they have taken 1 deposit on the new Vmax so far.

He also said that they were committing to selling it for no more than MSRP.

Also; according to him the Maxes are going out to dealers by deposit only, no deposit, no Maxes, so some dealers may never see one.

I went by the dealer yesterday to sign an Ag Exempt form on a UTV I bought a while back and asked the sales manager about all this.

He said they have taken 1 deposit on the new Vmax so far.

He also said that they were committing to selling it for no more than MSRP.

Also; according to him the Maxes are going out to dealers by deposit only, no deposit, no Maxes, so some dealers may never see one.

If the dealer is the one who gets to hold the deposit, and it doesn't get forwarded to the manufacturer, how will Yamaha know how many deposits the dealer really has? Will it be just hearsay? I believe that Yamaha would want every dealer to receive at least one Max to put on the showroom floor for potential customers to see and feel. Without having the real deal available, Yammi won't have a ice cube chance in Hell of selling 2500 bikes in the US. The vast majority of potential customers don't even know that the bike exists. Asking people to put a non refundable deposit on an unknown item in late spring for "expected" delivery in early winter is asking too much IMO.

If the dealer is the one who gets to hold the deposit, and it doesn't get forwarded to the manufacturer, how will Yamaha know how many deposits the dealer really has? Will it be just hearsay? I believe that Yamaha would want every dealer to receive at least one Max to put on the showroom floor for potential customers to see and feel. Without having the real deal available, Yammi won't have a ice cube chance in Hell of selling 2500 bikes in the US. The vast majority of potential customers don't even know that the bike exists. Asking people to put a non refundable deposit on an unknown item in late spring for "expected" delivery in early winter is asking too much IMO.

I dunno:ummm:

This is the same dealership that looked at me like I was fresh off the "coast to coast" show the last two years when I kept tellimg them there was a prototype and new Max coming soon;

I reminded him of that fact last night too..............:biglaugh:

I believe a couple of things that were said here,a lot of people that put a deposit down when time comes close their going to think why did I put down a nonrefundible non transferable deposit on a $20.000 vmax. 2500 units is world wide they might all sell we will see,they will be around for another twenty some odd years tho.

The understanding I got from my dealer is that an online form needs to be filled out and you will know pretty much right away how many bikes are available. Once the form is officially sent to Yamaha (or Star, can't remember which) then it's a guarantee you will get a bike. Of course assuming you left your $1000 deposit!

I believe a couple of things that were said here,a lot of people that put a deposit down when time comes close their going to think why did I put down a nonrefundible non transferable deposit on a $20.000 vmax. 2500 units is world wide they might all sell we will see,they will be around for another twenty some odd years tho.

debbie.gif

The understanding I got from my dealer is that an online form needs to be filled out and you will know pretty much right away how many bikes are available. Once the form is officially sent to Yamaha (or Star, can't remember which) then it's a guarantee you will get a bike. Of course assuming you left your $1000 deposit!

The online form is for those living outside the US. They also have the option of a refundable deposit.

There is a list of people who have already pre-ordered a Max on another forum. There are over 30 people on the list and the pre-order confirmation claim numbers are well into the 700's. The numbers start with a 261 and the actual claim number follows, as in 261XXX. Some dealers are saying that all 2500 bikes are already spoken for...I find that hard to believe.

Wow, did not know this. Thanks for the info. I would have to have a written guarantee that I will get a bike or no deposit - being the bikes appear to be going quick???

Well all you exsperts, I stopped by my Yamaha dealer today and the 2500 are almost sold out. He alone sold 9. Buy the end of the month they will all be sold!

Well all you exsperts, I stopped by my Yamaha dealer today and the 2500 are almost sold out. He alone sold 9. Buy the end of the month they will all be sold!

That is what the dealer wants you to believe...."run down and put in your deposit"....BS, initally the first 70-800 went quick, now orders have almost come to a standstill. There are 2/3+ of the available bikes left. And guess what ? When and if they sell out, Yammi will be making more of them !

Well, I really don't give a shit what the dealer says, but his showroom is empty. He is having a hard time getting bikes from the manufacture (Yamaha-Suzuki). So he gets bikes from other dealers that don't sell as many as he does.

The point is if you want an 09, get one now. If you want an 2010 then wait. Better yet, wait until 2011.

Back