i need help in picking mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imfixinmopars

Reaction score
i finally got the max running good,all stock and 4k,mi. im thinking exhaust,jetting,and ?..what exhaust should i get? im thinking a walker,dyno jet stage 1,and ?. whats the deal w/ stage 7?,and ind. filters??? i dont want to get crazy,just want more,and reliability. please give me some real world ideas on good packages,thanks,guys

i finally got the max running good,all stock and 4k,mi. im thinking exhaust,jetting,and ?..what exhaust should i get? im thinking a walker,dyno jet stage 1,and ?. whats the deal w/ stage 7?,and ind. filters??? i dont want to get crazy,just want more,and reliability. please give me some real world ideas on good packages,thanks,guys
:a014: me too.

I really don't think there are any wrong choices in exhaust. Have to listen to your wallet. The cobra slip ons are the only exhaust I know of that don't up horsepower. If you can afford a full system get the one that sounds and looks the best to you. As for jetting... don't waste time or money on a stage 1. Go stage 7 or Morley's kit. Stage 1 has been nothing but problems for most that have it.

As far as 4 into 2 exhaust Mark's pipes sound awesome! The build quality is top notch. He will make them to your specs (can length etc.)

For 4 into 1 I vote for a Kerker setup. With the baffles replaceable you can choose the noise level you want. This pipe has been the HP leader for a long time.

So flip a coin and spend some dough!!

Good luck guys

Frank

I wouldn't go as far as using a Dynojet stage 1 kit... Dale Walkers stage 1 and his system made amazing power on my bike IMO. 122 and 75lbft at the wheel. By going to Sean's kit I added a couple more but I think I can add a few more to that by leaning her up a bit more on top. Sean Morley's kit added a lot more midrange to my bike. From 4000 on it pulls MUCH stronger.

You can't go wrong with Dale's system though. He spent a year designing it, so you can bet it's a well designed system.

Chris

I have a Hindle header on my bike, and with a FAT a/f ratio of 10.5-11.0 I'm still at 122rwhp and 76 rwtq. I have a Dyno3000 on the way to see if I can advance the timing enough to get the a/f ratio up, and if that don't work I'll re-jet it and I hope to be closer to 125+ rwhp.

Latest posts

Back