It can oly get worse as I get older

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxMidnight

Reaction score
Fitted the flying leads of my new CTEK Multi MXS 5.0 12V 'Intelligent' Battery Charger & Conditioner so that I can keep my Odyssey battery at the peak of perfection!
happy.gif

It is, however, a shame that the 'intelligence' didn't extend that the moron who attempted to fit it.

First time I tried to use it the error light was flashing indicating that the polarity was reversed or that the battery is Donal Ducked. Confirmed that the + ve lead was on the correct terminal.

Started to take the battery out then realised I hadn't attached the - ve lead to the battery......
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

DOH.

Ah, "Max," you've posted enough good advice on here, something like that won't even get you a Homer "D'oh!" nomination! Not from me anyway...

OK - how about this then?

Last year I went to start the bike but the starter wouldn't turn.

The kill switch was set to run so out with the multi-meter and checked side stand switch and kill switch both OK.

Seat off and all connections checked there.

Faux tank off and started to remove the neck pieces then realised that I hadn't disabled the immobiliser!

Mr Medic, I may not be able to offer quality but my quantity of DOH's is certainly increasing. :confused2:

Well, thnk of those as "cognitive exercises forestalling the arrival of senility and cerebral dysfunction." Worry when you cannot solve them!

Nope - not good enough... It was about a year ago that I won the coveted "Doh" award for frying my laptop. Interesting screw ups you did, but none of them rate as high as the laptop incident. I'm still hearing about that one from my dear sweet wife..... You'd need to at least burn down the bike and/or garage to top my triumph of stupidity.

Latest posts

Back