k&n

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swrsmik

Reaction score
May already be on here somewhere but,If I drop a k&n in my 86,will I run right or throw a fit?i do have a 4-1 kerker and not sure about jets.say a stock bike,will it run good with a k&n?

I don't think your really going to change much unless you change to pod filters etc. So if you put a stock type k&n Replacement in, I think you will be fine.

Todd

If you got the stock airbox dropping in K&N will do nothing for power, it will run the same as with OEM filter. The only reason to get one is so it can be cleaned and reused. If you want more power go with morley's muscle kit.

I have a K&N if you want one. I'll let it go cheap since I don't have my vmax anymore.

The air filter is not the restriction of a stock air box. The "Y" is the restriction. Take it off or better yet raise it up if you have the stock exhaust. Otherwise--- Get Morley's kit.

Lew

Yeah,I just need a air filter & stock at $35 & k&n at $50 seems like a no brainer.I had the pods on my stage 7 85.I don't know what my plans are for this max yet cause its a little rough so may not dump too much into it.I will either get a nicer max or a m109r & keep this and hop it up.you gotta love that moment when you crack the throttle & slip the clutch to leave a strapper but instead your looking at the sky and your arms are 3" longer.lol.anywho what do you want for your k&n?

Latest posts

Back