1st Gen V-Max My 2003 Vmax 1200

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to do the same to the middle groove on the valve covers?

Well, I mocked it up with red tape and I have decided that the valve covers are a no go for me. The bike has a lot of red going on already and I felt that more black/chrome was needed to balance colors. My eyes were drawn to the heads too much instead of viewing the whole motor when looking at the bike first glance. That red pops and try's to steal the show! I didn't feel that feng shui thing going on also with the red valve covers. lol

I was thinking of it but was wondering if it would be too much. Sometimes less is more but the jury is still out on that one and it's still on the table to possibly do.
How about Red stripe on the wheel rim. I always liked that look.

I do know one thing, I like it better than the alien looking one that came with the bike. That was a little too much for me personally.
I just installed a Seallight LED in my stock bucket….we’ll see how that works…..I’m old and not a huge fan of going fast at night so I’m sure it’ll do for me.

I just installed a Seallight LED in my stock bucket….we’ll see how that works…..I’m old and not a huge fan of going fast at night so I’m sure it’ll do for me.
I'm with you there and never ride at night period. I just care about having daytime running lights for safety

Haven't been around for a while and post but I do follow the emails I get for recent posts. I should do an update to report. I have been super busy lately but did some things when I had time. Haven't ridden it much to speak of but do start it up weekly or sometimes biweekly at worst. The bike runs nice and I want to keep it that way. I run that sport gas and add Lucas injector cleaner and fuel conditioner to it also.

I like the headlight bucket you have more-than the exactrep alien lamp.

What watt lamp do you have in it? I like a locomotive-looking headlamp on a VMax. Tell/show us the mounting.

I just installed a Seallight LED in my stock bucket….we’ll see how that works…..I’m old and not a huge fan of going fast at night so I’m sure it’ll do for

Well, I mocked it up with red tape and I have decided that the valve covers are a no go for me. The bike has a lot of red going on already and I felt that more black/chrome was needed to balance colors. My eyes were drawn to the heads too much instead of viewing the whole motor when looking at the bike first glance. That red pops and try's to steal the show! I didn't feel that feng shui thing going on also with the red valve covers. lol
Feng shui and a hot rod motorcycle, not sure if they go together. But yes, red valve covers would be a bit much.

Back