Kerker 4-2-1 white tip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOTHEMAX

Reaction score
I have purchased this system for my 06 Max and am wondering what to expect when installing! After install am I going to need to rejet with the factory baffles if I install the 2" comp baffles will a stage one carb kit be nessessary? Never done this so I am going into this a little shaky. Thanks guys!: :ummm:

I have the kerker system installed on my 06 max (was originally on my 96 max - installation is pretty straight forward except that the center stand and the brackets attached to frame must be cut off. I also coated the inside of the pipes with white heat paint - it helps reduce the chrome from blueing (discoloring).

I installed a Dynojet stage 7 at the same time as installing the exhaust. I installed the jet kit according to Musclebike.com instructions and not Dynojets instructions. Using K&N individiual filters with velocity stacks. Mark (maleko89) has a good post on doing the velocity stacks. I would recommend keeping the vboost system in place rather than using vboost eliminators. (easier to sync carbs) I use the 1.5" & 2.5" baffles depending on mood.

Sean Morley has a jet kit and modified stock airbox system that would also work well. You would need to get in touch with him for more info.

With the kerker system, you will need to do some jetting and at minimum some airbox mods for more airflow for best performance.

Good luck

Mike

actually, you can bolt it on as is (with tabs removed) and not worry about a jet kit. It will run pretty good out of the box with either of the baffles (the 2" or 2.5" must be purchased seperately). A jet kit like mine or stage seven would get you the most possible performance with it and stock engine/carbs.

Sean

I agree with everything Sean just said, I installed my Kerker and the K&N air filter and never even touched my carbs. I was worried about running too lean, but my dyno run actually showed that I was rich. I still haven't touched my carbs other than syncing them (the brass plugs are still in place). I will be getting Sean's Muscle Kit and installing that when I have some time. Since my dyno run I have also removed the "y" piece on the top of the air box, but I really don't know if that helps or not. Some people feel it helps air-flow and other feel it actually disrupts the flow going into the carbs.... I'm not sure if I have ever seen any dyno runs to prove it either way.

You are going to like the way your Kerkers sound... hopefully your neighbors will as well!

Back