Kiwi - Bikers Outraged .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
The New Zealand Government have announced today the upcoming increases in ACC (accident compensation corporation) in motorcycle registrations charges.

Mopeds - 126cc $59 p.a - now $257.88
126cc - 600cc $252.69 p.a - now $511.43
601cc + $252.69 p.a - now $745.77

Now this is per bike not to mention W.O.F (warrent of fitness) 6 monthly .
I have just come from a kiwibiker site and there is outrage - 1 thread over 9911 views and 533 replies in 5 and half hours .

I think its way to steep and have just targeted us the biker as an easy out .
I put in my reply going on the myself at the moment being an experienced rider not a work this week due to the wind taking me and my bike out offroad and down , now wether it was my fault or not this accident is now punishing other riders as this week im on ACC . I came to the conclusion that the individual rider should be insured in accordance of his/her driving record so that others dont get punished . Now i manage 12-13000 kms a year on my Max i consider myself an experienced and mature rider but fuck me i see some dropkicks out there in my time . If i have a accident like i did being it a freak accident or not let me suffer the consequence not everyone else . So could you amaginepaying these prices like a fellow forum member thats owns just bout more Vmaxxers that i have seen in NZ plus other bikes to . This is becoming a joke , so what do you guys think is my idea of insuring the rider due to his record regardless of what he drives or how many he has vs the high prices for others that dont give a fuck what they do on the road is it a good idea or what . :confused2::ummm:

WTF is the matter with this country?:damn angry: The previous government shoved a blanket over our eyes as to the real financial status of the ACC.
Now the new government has a brilliant solution to fix it , namely make the taxpayer pay for it.:damn angry:
So I will have 4 bikes ready for registration next year all over 600cc yet I can't ride all 4 of them at the same time but I'll pay an acc levey on each one making my registration now about 3K p.a. 3 x the current rate!:bang head::bang head:

All of this happening as we are in a recession:ummm:

I don't normally get too involved in protests and alike but I will this time.
This place will go berserk, already the kiwibiker forums are talking mass protests.
I'll ride my Vmax up John Keys a$$ if I have to make my point.:bang head:

WTF is the matter with this country?:damn angry: The previous government shoved a blanket over our eyes as to the real financial status of the ACC.
Now the new government has a brilliant solution to fix it , namely make the taxpayer pay for it.:damn angry:
So I will have 4 bikes ready for registration next year all over 600cc yet I can't ride all 4 of them at the same time but I'll pay an acc levey on each one making my registration now about 3K p.a. 3 x the current rate!:bang head::bang head:

All of this happening as we are in a recession:ummm:

I don't normally get too involved in protests and alike but I will this time.
This place will go berserk, already the kiwibiker forums are talking mass protests.
I'll ride my Vmax up John Keys a$$ if I have to make my point.:bang head:

With ya on that one , not sure bout burning down the beehive or riding round with no plates as that will amount to more tickets . They looking at Labour weekend . I think a few thousand bikes blocking off the mains road to the major cities is the way to go . :bang head::bang head:

YIKES!!!!!!

How the hell are you supposed to afford that?!?!?!?

Or is that the point.....to discourage motorcycles.....:confused2:

That sucks bad.....:bang head:

Damn, I feel for you guys..

They passed some nonsense motorcycle licensing laws in france when I was 14. By the time I was 16, instead of riding a good ol' 125, I was stuck on a 80cc limited to 50mph and after doing a 3-part test that cost me the best part of $600 (in 1984!). Then I was facing another ultra-expensive 3-part test to ride a proper bike at 18.

Aged 19, I moved to the UK. No way I was gonna put up with that kind of craziness! Then when the UK license office saw my 80cc test (they couldn't read french), they gave me a full bike license (there's only one in UK) - result.

Damn, I feel for you guys..

They passed some nonsense motorcycle licensing laws in france when I was 14. By the time I was 16, instead of riding a good ol' 125, I was stuck on a 80cc limited to 50mph and after doing a 3-part test that cost me the best part of $600 (in 1984!). Then I was facing another ultra-expensive 3-part test to ride a proper bike at 18.

Aged 19, I moved to the UK. No way I was gonna put up with that kind of craziness! Then when the UK license office saw my 80cc test (they couldn't read french), they gave me a full bike license (there's only one in UK) - result.

You are right that is crazy . Having been to Paris and seen how the park (bumper to bumper) and that they just push the cars back and forth to get out and the crazy way the drive into round abouts . Then they do that to bikers . Madness .

I think bikers need to band together to do something about it . Form our own insurance company or something . Amagine what sort of discount for gas we could get if we banded together and approached 1 gas company . Could be worth thinking about . :ummm::ummm:

Thats just BULLSHIT,
I wouldn`t be suprised if arnold gets wind of this here in California
we`ll all be fucked.
Right now I pay only $87.00 for registration and $72.00 for insurance for the year so, I should consider myself lucky. but that bastard is still looking for ways to get back money.
I think he needs to be terminated.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
<<Dave>>:punk:

WOW :confused2:
Thats really sucks.:surprise:

I've always tought that PL have very high fees, charges, taxes and the other shits :th_biggun:

Guys, your goverment just gone to far...

Thats just BULLSHIT,
I wouldn`t be suprised if arnold gets wind of this here in California
we`ll all be fucked.
Right now I pay only $87.00 for registration and $72.00 for insurance for the year so, I should consider myself lucky. but that bastard is still looking for ways to get back money.
I think he needs to be terminated.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
<<Dave>>:punk:
You should say him: asta la vista LOL :rofl_200:

Here im paying about 100$ for registration and about 60$ for insurane.
But paying couple times more is the pure nonsense.

BTW, in PL we do not have peaceful life either.
We all fighting againts paying the same fees like cars for using highways. We've blocked highways for half day and guess
what? They dont give a shit...

And im off work for the week due to what happened and ACC dont cover for the first week if it out of work . :confused2:

So much for the loss of earnings claim . :ummm:

Yeah Right . Back to work tomorrow .
It seems bikers in large groups have left Northland this morning to Wellington for tomorrows rally against the large price hikes , they are expects anywhere between 3500 -6000 bikers there tomorrow .

Wish i could be there :punk:

That's the same way smokers are treated here in the U.S., boys. Big government raping your personal liberty.

Let's hope Barney Frank doesn't pick up a paper and get a bright idea about implementing that crap on bikes here.

With the June 1st 2010 as the date for the increase i have come across a thread on a kiwi biker site that reads that there is a registration form (MR27) that actually changes your rego date . So a fellow kiwi rider who had done his bike for 12 months in August 2009 went in the other day (30th December) filled in this form changed his date and re rego'ed it for another 12 month plus a 3 month extension taking him til March 2011 at the same old charge and he got a 8 month credit on the original rego that he hadnt used but paid for .
So at the end of June guess what i will be doing ? :clapping:

You guys keep this in mind if your government ever tries it on you . :confused2:

Latest posts

Back