Leather pants - yay or nay?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagherra

Reaction score
I've never had them. I always had jeans on (no shorts or flip-flops :)).

There are some good sales going on right now and I'm tempted. What do you guys think? How are they? Are they worth it?

Protection wise they are worth it. But are they worth it Vs ballistic nylon offerings that are out ther? I'm sure the leather would be warmer and uncomfortable to wear in hot weather, so if you don't where them they are not doing you any good at that point.
I'd seriously take a look at some of the ballistic options that are out there then see which one you would wear in the weather you ride in most times.

You have to think , what is my body worth . I know of a few guys (mainly HD riders) that will wear what only looks good and every now and then they hassle me over my leathers until i tell them "will your jeans look good when ure in a hospital bed" . One of them did get hit by a car and was seriously hurt , he had no protection on his legs and it wasnt pretty .
Leathers do make you sweat on a hot day , but skins underneath will solve that . There's that ole saying of prepare yourself for a crash as you never know if and when it could happen . I know from experience that wearing mine saved me from something much worse . :punk:

Red is sexier than black, but if you got the bod, both are pretty se....

Wooops, wrong forum.

A friend of mine wears them in the cold weather and loves them. He commutes to work a lot and says he couldn't do it on cold mornings without the leather pants.

I wear full leather, boots, pants, vest, gloves and V-Max jacket on ALL road trips. The way i look at it, the leather will protect me better than jeans.

Cool.

Thanks guys. Sounds like a green light then.

As for pix this is what I'm looking at...not the boots though. :)
20091026_DAINESE_Pony-Leather-Pants_01-500px-56_zoom.jpg

Back