Lets all get hornier

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
firefly said:
To me if something is ugly I say it is ugly,whats the big fuss about?
be politically correct or say the truth, I remember when I was taking other people opinions on headlights and real men said " the busa headlight is butt ugly" I didn't cry like a 2 years old, in fact I took the advice after actually seeing a busa unit and decided they are right it IS butt ugly.
in fact I prefer -ve comments about my mods, I weigh them and see if they have merits.
to have everyone say yeah it looks great just to be politically correct is kinda sick. this is also true in life, I will never follow as a dumass.
woman tend to want to hear they are beautiful even if they are ugly but as a man if someone has this GAY attitude I'll nail him every time and pee on his parade!

I do use the bike daily so working on it and doing mods is a very slow process for me since the bike is not parked all winter to gut things out and install mods.
So you mod your bike to fit the ideas of what other people think is cool?

Sorry man but my bike is about me, I honestly don't give a shit what others think about. I like it and that's all that matters.

I happen to not like one of my mates, GSXRthou and tell him that every thursday at the pub just as he tells me he doesn't like my Max. I still respect his choice in his bike.

Just as I respect MikeMax's descicion with those odd boy racer type exhaust extensions on his bike. Personally think they are hideous and at odds with the rest of the bike but it's his bike so his choice, as long as he likes it, it's cool.

I like where he's mounted his horns though lol.

No, you got it wrong!, I mod my bike the way I want at the end and I welcome all -ve and +ve feedback, final decision will always be mine.
have you ever created something and then did not like it? it happens all the time, being hard headed and feeling that what I create is the best thing is just plain stupid. max is an elegant looking bike and I want to keep it that way, this is what attracted me to the bike in the first place!

Products are created with feed back from others, whether it is cars, bikes,clothes,furniture you name it, some people have better taste because they can visualize things in there brain before even starting on the projects, other feel if I can stick these horns in this location that is success.

Whether you like it or not many of your decisions are due to influences from your surroundings + your personal experience and you can not separate them.

a while back in Los Angeles an older lady put on a bikini and got in the swimming pool of her building, she was so disgusting that her neighbors called the police and forced her not to appear this way again or will be evicted! and that was a Court order!

"Personally think they are hideous and at odds with the rest of the bike but it's his bike so his choice, as long as he likes it, it's cool".

so now you are saying the exhaust on mike's bike is hideous? I too think so, the problem is people don't want to be honist.
This has nothing to do with respect of a person, though I also do not have that for mike as he clearly demonstrates his unworthyness of it.

I comment about a mod or a product , he throws back personal insults.

Waylander said:
So you mod your bike to fit the ideas of what other people think is cool?

Sorry man but my bike is about me, I honestly don't give a shit what others think about. I like it and that's all that matters.

I happen to not like one of my mates, GSXRthou and tell him that every thursday at the pub just as he tells me he doesn't like my Max. I still respect his choice in his bike.

Just as I respect MikeMax's descicion with those odd boy racer type exhaust extensions on his bike. Personally think they are hideous and at odds with the rest of the bike but it's his bike so his choice, as long as he likes it, it's cool.

I like where he's mounted his horns though lol.

firefly said:
No, you got it wrong!, I mod my bike the way I want at the end and I welcome all -ve and +ve feedback, final decision will always be mine.
have you ever created something and then did not like it? it happens all the time, being hard headed and feeling that what I create is the best thing is just plain stupid. max is an elegant looking bike and I want to keep it that way, this is what attracted me to the bike in the first place!

Products are created with feed back from others, whether it is cars, bikes,clothes,furniture you name it, some people have better taste because they can visualize things in there brain before even starting on the projects, other feel if I can stick these horns in this location that is success.

Whether you like it or not many of your decisions are due to influences from your surroundings + your personal experience and you can not separate them.

a while back in Los Angeles an older lady put on a bikini and got in the swimming pool of her building, she was so disgusting that her neighbors called the police and forced her not to appear this way again or will be evicted! and that was a Court order!

"Personally think they are hideous and at odds with the rest of the bike but it's his bike so his choice, as long as he likes it, it's cool".

so now you are saying the exhaust on mike's bike is hideous? I too think so, the problem is people don't want to be honist.
This has nothing to do with respect of a person, though I also do not have that for mike as he clearly demonstrates his unworthyness of it.

I comment about a mod or a product , he throws back personal insults.

Personnally I live by this rule...
If you don't have anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all!
Unless of course someone asks me the question, "What do you think?"

Man, You are right!

82ndCowboy said:
Personnally I live by this rule...
If you don't have anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all!
Unless of course someone asks me the question, "What do you think?"

To me, the whole thing in a nut shell is that some things take a priority. To me, a bike is also about sound and feel. After many different mods on the exhaust, these cans satisfy my ears. Only a big cylinder gives me the tone I like. Same principal as a pipe organ. Whether you like the looks or not, if you took a ride on my bike, with all the mods, you would come back smiling. The look is overboard, I know, but it's a one of a kind look and that's what I'm all about. A sound modifier would be to my liking but they haven't invented it yet. Besides, this is a mod that took making a special tool to shape the mating surface to the muffler without marring the finish.

You know what's neat? Riding down the road and having another biker catch up and say "I knew it was you from the cans". I ride with several different guys and have gotten nothing but positive responses, especially for the sound effect. I'm 65 yo and having the time of my life. Those that are so critical of others will most probably be pushing their wheel chair around at my age. Not only am I comfortable with my Max, but will be one of the first to own the new version and will pay it off on the spot in cash. You see, all of those BOUGHT mods, just made some vendor rich.

Ugliness is in the eye of the beholder and to me, no one has better taste than I do, just like some THINK their taste is better or superior to others. If telling everybody exactly what you think of them or what they have is ugly, just think if the rest of humanity was that rude, uneducated and mislead, and called you ugly, without even knowing you. I would think that being called UGLY everywhere you went, would have you singing a different tune on what's politically correct. I have the advantage over all of you by having lived 65 years and still going strong. You might wind up as a grease spot on some pavement at your tender age and got screwed out of a life. Age is a gift, except for those that are miserable.

My bike is already sold when I buy the new Max. Another Max owner wants to buy it because he really likes everything I did. Guess I'm not the only one with weird taste. The reason you ask the opinion of others is because you have this great need to be accepted and buy/make what THEY like. If that works for you, great. Don't look in someone else's pot to see if there is a fly in the soup.

Last edited:
mikemax04 said:
You know what's neat? Riding down the road and having another biker catch up and say "I knew it was you from the cans". I ride with several different guys and have gotten nothing but positive responses, especially for the sound effect.
Oh I have no doubt about that. Hell I ran across a pic of your bike on another site a while back and instantly knew who's it was. Customization to me is about making what you think is cool. I'de be keen as to hear what your bike sounds like.

Even saw a pic of another Vmax with pipes I did like, 2 days later I found a video of it running.

That's how I found out about this site from Clintard.

Not to hijack the thread, or derail the discussion, but what is inside your scoops, mike???

I'm new and you probably posted about it somewhere, but i'm to lazy to search through all the old posts...

Max01red said:
Not to hijack the thread, or derail the discussion, but what is inside your scoops, mike???

I'm new and you probably posted about it somewhere, but i'm to lazy to search through all the old posts...
As in the picture that was posted to get back at me again, would you believe a super charger on each side? Just kidding. It's an attempt to copy what the new scoops look like on the next Max. One exception is that those are going to be functional on the New and mine just look different than anything out there. There's no room in there to do much of anything.

I've had a stebil 139db or something I bought and never got around to installing. Yes, no good place to put it. I split it from the compressor like most of you do and I'll eventually find a place.

The other night I decided, HEY lets try that horn out! I pulled out my can of compresseed air I keep on hand. Not the computer can, but the 5 gallon craftsman model. Had the blowtip on. I figured... just shoot a little air in and see what the tone is like.

HOLY CRAP. After I wiped up all the mess from nearly messing myself I had to deal with the blood from my ear drums. I dont know about you, but whenever I see a car getting ready to pull out, I have my thumb on the horn. With the current setup, the horn is pretty much just a joke before hitting the oncoming obstacle. I don't know any car that could ignore this horn - it's crazy loud.

Back