Looking at touring bikes but i dont know!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the guy I was referring to has a maroon or burgundy 1988 Venture Royale with a little less than 34k. I think he was asking $3500 for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Ohhh I was thinking gen 3 then sorry lol. Where you from?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ah sweet! We need to get a WNY fall color ride together! Bunch on maxes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My buddy has a Valk that's all decked out for touring- batwing fairing with stereo, hard bags, big cushy seat, car tire on the back. Only issue he had with the bike was the alternator going bad, which did leave him on the side of the road with no juice. Guess it was kind of a known problem and the reman he got was updated to fix the problem, no issues since.

I've driven it a couple times, it is extremely comfortable and definitely something you can just eat up miles on all day. Buttery smooth engine. When it was bone stock I got it up to 135 and it would scrabble the tire through 2nd gear. The big fairing makes going into triple digits now highly inadvisble (shakes and wobbles), and the extra weight definitely damped the performance a bit, though even fully loaded and 2 up it never feels underpowered or pokey. The car tire has 15k on it and still looks brand new, and only cost like $60 to buy. Easily will get 40-50k out of it. It did make the handling a bit heavier and slower, though it's not as awful as I was expecting. You do get used to it fairly quick and for moderate pace carving it does OK, though it definitely does not inspire you to push harder or approach a "sporty" pace.

Back