Luggage Rack Without a Backrest.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
I am interested in attaching a Givi trunk to the Max for locking up my helmet. The trunks won't fit when there is a backrest for several reasons. I have the factory and the Renntech setups. Neither will work. :confused2: Does anyone know of a luggage rack only accessory? Needs to be fairly sturdy for the trunk.

Thanks.

Were you selling the factory backrest, if so how much were you asking?

Were you selling the factory backrest, if so how much were you asking?

The one I have is chromed and has custom rack mounts to lower the luggage rack so it doesn't stick up so far. Too much money and effort in the setup to sell. I usually don't sell any Max stuff so I can change back and forth depending on what I am doing.

It appears that H.A.C. sells a luggage rack without the sissybar. Just have to buy the same bracket that comes with the sissybar since it doesn't come with the luggage rack.

Has anyone tried this set-up? If not, does anyone have the sissybar/luggage rack combo? Trying to visualize how the sissybar and/or luggage rack is attached in the three configurations. (Sissybar and rack, sissybar only and rack only). Have seen pics of the "sissybar only" but not of the other set-ups. Looking at the bracket, I cannot tell how they would both be installed since the sissybar and the rack arms appear to be bolted to the same place on the bracket. Maybe they just provide longer bolts and one is on top of the other? :confused2:

It appears that H.A.C. sells a luggage rack without the sissybar. Just have to buy the same bracket that comes with the sissybar since it doesn't come with the luggage rack.

Has anyone tried this set-up? If not, does anyone have the sissybar/luggage rack combo? Trying to visualize how the sissybar and/or luggage rack is attached in the three configurations. (Sissybar and rack, sissybar only and rack only). Have seen pics of the "sissybar only" but not of the other set-ups. Looking at the bracket, I cannot tell how they would both be installed since the sissybar and the rack arms appear to be bolted to the same place on the bracket. Maybe they just provide longer bolts and one is on top of the other? :confused2:
I believe this is how it works, I have the sissy bar but not the rack. I hope to run across a rack one day for a decent price, don't really need one but would like to have the option.

Back