Memphis Shades Hell Cat vs Givi

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05Max!

Reaction score
I am looking at mounting a Memphis Shades Hell Cat on my bike, but according to Memphis shades it won't work. However I have seen some postings on here of people who have those mounted, so what does it take to mount it? Or should I just get a Givi and know that it fits?

I have the Givi on my 05 and really like it, someone will chime in on some mounting instructions for the Hell cat. Welcome to the best Vmax forum on the web my Michigan Vmax brother!

I like the looks of the Givi, but I didn't know if it was going to just force all the air to my helmet. Thanks for the Welcome. This is the best forum with the best support from everyone.

I saw that thread. I was more or less looking for someone who has the Memphis mounted, how they did mount it?

I do not have one but from what I have seen - they have handlebar mounts with locking joints to lock in place.

I am looking at mounting a Memphis Shades Hell Cat on my bike, but according to Memphis shades it won't work. However I have seen some postings on here of people who have those mounted, so what does it take to mount it? Or should I just get a Givi and know that it fits?

I have both the Hellcat and the Givi - rarely ever use the Givi now and rarely ever take off the Hellcat - great coverage.

I know that we have communicated by PM, but still wanted to post for anybody else that maybe interested in the Hellcat.

The reason that the manufacturer states that it won't fit is because of the placement of the signal lights on the Vmax. You either have to relocate them or cut each side of the bottom of the shield about 2".

At first, I relocated the signal lights to the fork legs, but later on I ended up cutting the shield and putting the signal lights back in their original location.

Mike

Last edited:
Maxcruiser is correct. The turn signals will need relocated. Easy to do, just buy the relocation kit, or do like I did and make a set of "extenders" that drop the turn signals down below the shield. When you are done, you will never even notice they have been moved. If you want, I can post some pictures of mine. I like the memphis shades windshield, it allows the wife and I to have a conversation while riding.

Oh, and the mounts are basically a set of clamps with bars and pivots. Totally adjustable to where you want your windshield to sit. Well built, not cheap junk.

Can't answer your question but can offer up another choice if it is not too late. Slip Streamer Viper. See pics. Does great job, wind over helmet. Little space on top of speedometer, lets a little air in, just enough.

Attachments

• Windshield 3.jpg
    Windshield 3.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Windshield 4.jpg
    Windshield 4.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back