More rear safety lights added

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanneal

Reaction score
Brighter 1157s in the taillight. (wired to BLINK with the Signal Dynamics BACK OFF brake light modulator)

Custom Dynamics LED license plate bracket. (dual intensity, operates normally - bypasses the SD Backoff brake modulator)

Then I added a yellow LED reflector to the luggage. I tap into the cigarette lighter power jack that I previously rigged for my iPhone (see separate post).
This is simply a powered running light. I think it will help people notice me at night when gaining on me.

BTW.... the best way I've found to pierce the soft sided luggage, is using a hot soildering iron.... A drill bit might cause the fabric to run. and it's over kill.. the hot soildering iron actually melts trough the nylon fabric, sealing it as it goes. The rigid plastic inner board also melts like butter. Helpful handy hint :)

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

Good work, but you might want to check with your local DMV, regarding that continuous yellow light on the rear.
In my province, and Nova Scotia (probably others as well), only red continuous lights can be used on the tail ends of commercial and passenger vehicles. Yellow is allowed only for flashing signal lights.
I use the Signal Dynamics brake light flasher on my upper brake light, and also have the emergency flasher option hooked up to it as well, running directly off the battery via a hidden switch.
Cheers!

Attachments

• bike mods 025.jpg
    bike mods 025.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea that I might be out of regulation. I will check it out.

If so, it will be easy enough to switch the light for a RED one instead.

Thanks again.

Back