My Vmax performing like a 500cc

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I had ordered 3 or 4 times and got the jets. It's been a while since I had gotten them. I did not know they were that bad. If I knew I would not posted it for you to use. Once again sorry it's a scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry I had ordered 3 or 4 times and got the jets. It's been a while since I had gotten them. I did not know they were that bad. If I knew I would not posted it for you to use. Once again sorry it's a scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nah not your prob, it's cool. worst part for me is i have been waiting 3+ weeks just to get a few jets! lol.

no worries, maybe they'll mysteriously show up one day! lol cheers.

on another note, it's friday. omg, did NOT wanna get outta bed today.

friday again update.

got the carbs rebuilt last night. still need to bracket and link em together etc.

tried to get 2.5 turns out on AF screws... kinda tough to gauge that,, soft hands turning them in til they stop, one seemed easy, others get kinda stiff compressing that spring, hopin i was pertty accurate on that.... we see i guess.

set floats at 1 1/8" dry. why am i saying this.... cuz i dont wanna get started working today i guess, thanks in advance for the patience. also ya'll are a gert outlet fromj the engiNERDS i deal with on the daily.....

so, maybe get em together tonite, maybe. put clip on needle jet, hjet needle on last spot nearest blunt end, cuz i got the stage 1 needles., no small washer underneath. got new 150s and 170s in correct spot. put in existing mikuni 90s.

i got a auxiliary fuel tank coming. 300mL capacity, 11 bucks shippin in from India. beats having to make one, much cheaper and comes with on/off switch. will use that for wet bench float level stuff when time comes. wont get it til early july so just wanna get bike runnin for now. i should be real good at gettin at the carb rack when all said and done.

carbs seem to be ready to go right now tho. damn i'm hungry. could def go for a hardees Bkfst frisco sandwich. these peanut M&Ms will have to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0439[1].jpg
    IMG_0439[1].jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 21
friday again update.

got the carbs rebuilt last night. still need to bracket and link em together etc.

tried to get 2.5 turns out on AF screws... kinda tough to gauge that,, soft hands turning them in til they stop, one seemed easy, others get kinda stiff compressing that spring, hopin i was pertty accurate on that.... we see i guess.

set floats at 1 1/8" dry. why am i saying this.... cuz i dont wanna get started working today i guess, thanks in advance for the patience. also ya'll are a gert outlet fromj the engiNERDS i deal with on the daily.....

so, maybe get em together tonite, maybe. put clip on needle jet, hjet needle on last spot nearest blunt end, cuz i got the stage 1 needles., no small washer underneath. got new 150s and 170s in correct spot. put in existing mikuni 90s.

i got a auxiliary fuel tank coming. 300mL capacity, 11 bucks shippin in from India. beats having to make one, much cheaper and comes with on/off switch. will use that for wet bench float level stuff when time comes. wont get it til early july so just wanna get bike runnin for now. i should be real good at gettin at the carb rack when all said and done.

carbs seem to be ready to go right now tho. damn i'm hungry. could def go for a hardees Bkfst frisco sandwich. these peanut M&Ms will have to do.

Be sure you get all 4 vents on the bowls pointing towards you when you put them back together.:clapping:

Be sure you get all 4 vents on the bowls pointing towards you when you put them back together.:clapping:

haha yeah I saw that after I took the first pic.. i uploaded the wrong one.. lol. noticed that I accidentally swapped those 2 covers. it was getting late, after midnight..... and a few cocktails.

The coloration of your picture exposure makes those carbs look like they are "Midnight Special Edition" carbs, the gaudy gold-colored bikes Yamaha released in the very early 1980's. They covered the gauntlet, from smaller-displacement up to the "World's Fastest Bike" (for a couple of months), the XS1100. http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/yamaha/yamaha_xs1100sf_midnight_special.htm

1981-yamaha-1100-midnight-special-2.jpg

wow, look at that thing. very cool. is that one yours? i'm gonna read the article, looking over the specs now. really ike how simple it is, if a guy got drag bars and sleeked out the seat/rear end almost kinda a cafe type racer wahtever they're called. and on top of that fastest for a few months, pretty darn cool. Fire MEdic you always seem to be able to take us back with some awesome historical tidbits and shining light on all kinds of cool stuff thru knowledge and your experiences, thank you for that! bet i could listen to your stories for endless hours.

haha yeah I saw that after I took the first pic.. i uploaded the wrong one.. lol. noticed that I accidentally swapped those 2 covers. it was getting late, after midnight..... and a few cocktails.

I have a 1 drink minumumumum when working on carbs-pun inteneded----:cheers:

see on the bottom of the pic, how is that spring used? i didnt take a pic and it escaped my brain..... somehting with enrichner lickage i think,...... ayone?

Attachments

• IMG_0441[1].jpg
    IMG_0441[1].jpg
    98 KB · Views: 13
nope, i pulled an enrichner out, here is the size difference. is it not neededor what?

Attachments

• IMG_0442[1].jpg
    IMG_0442[1].jpg
    123 KB · Views: 12
yep, nope not cutoff valve. that one is shorter, fatter, tougher, all kinds of "ers"..

I remember dealing with it last time, definitely exterior of carbs, really think it was part of the enrichener levers....there's a plastic washer there too, and i can't remember where it went, but since no one else is responding, i'm assuming that it is not needed.....

carbs all put together, sync systems hooked up with each other, and enrichner linkage working swell.

tip for carb re-assembly, keep the brackets "loose" on top til hya make sure the choke linkage working properly, then tighten up. i had the carbs skewed a bit and the enrichener choke wouldn't work cuz the lever arm off the linkage to the enrichener was binding up against the enrichener pull out part...the carb wasn't str8 enough...

anyways, putting carbs in bike after work. i have a shitty battery, but it'll be juiced up enough to see if bike will start....

i will take video and youtube upload and share link afterwards.

yep, nope not cutoff valve. that one is shorter, fatter, tougher, all kinds of "ers"..

I remember dealing with it last time, definitely exterior of carbs, really think it was part of the enrichener levers....there's a plastic washer there too, and i can't remember where it went, but since no one else is responding, i'm assuming that it is not needed.....

carbs all put together, sync systems hooked up with each other, and enrichner linkage working swell.

tip for carb re-assembly, keep the brackets "loose" on top til hya make sure the choke linkage working properly, then tighten up. i had the carbs skewed a bit and the enrichener choke wouldn't work cuz the lever arm off the linkage to the enrichener was binding up against the enrichener pull out part...the carb wasn't str8 enough...

anyways, putting carbs in bike after work. i have a shitty battery, but it'll be juiced up enough to see if bike will start....

i will take video and youtube upload and share link afterwards.

Good news and bad news----Good news is that spring will go onto the end of the choke rod on carb #4-bad news is you now have to take the rod completely out because it goes at the end-between the tab on the choke rod and the plastic piece that has the hole for the rod and 3 phillips screws holding it on.:clapping:

the plastic cover of the cutoff, well, i inadvertantly switched it with another, so I couldnt figure out where that spring was supposed to be at.... but, it is working properly right now without it, so, I'll keep it around til next time i rebuild or whatever.

it's an amazing feeling to get her running. my manometer is shit so i gotta just buy a real one. cuz she's soooooooooo far off.. my setup is more headache. if it was closer, no problem, but as is, need to sync her up good.

still gotta figure out actual wet float level-i know how, just saying.

still gotta figure out a/f mix screw,,,, do i do this based on what soark plugs look like after warm up?

think that's it,,... before front fork rebuild, fix vboost, ..... maybe mod a bit?.....

Latest posts

Back