Need Road info for Va

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
All,
I am calling upon the collective knowledge here to find out some road information if possible. A few of us here in Canada, less Tyler unfortunately, are looking at going into Va to do some riding in August. We are in the planning stages and looking at different routes we can take. Tentatively we are planning on taking 219 from NY down to Hwy 33 in Va. Ride 33 across to 340, south to Waynesboro and catch Skyline Dr. there. After running Skyline Dr. work our way back to Hwy 33, across to 219, and back north to home. Any information on these roads or if someone knows a better route through Va please feel free to either post here or email me: [email protected]
Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader:rocket bike:

All,
I am calling upon the collective knowledge here to find out some road information if possible. A few of us here in Canada, less Tyler unfortunately, are looking at going into Va to do some riding in August. We are in the planning stages and looking at different routes we can take. Tentatively we are planning on taking 219 from NY down to Hwy 33 in Va. Ride 33 across to 340, south to Waynesboro and catch Skyline Dr. there. After running Skyline Dr. work our way back to Hwy 33, across to 219, and back north to home. Any information on these roads or if someone knows a better route through Va please feel free to either post here or email me: [email protected]
Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
I have rode the skyline Dr., Its the mini dragon.

Sounds like my type of road:punk:. Any warnings about the local constabulary? I don't want to get nailed by the cops if I play around a bit. Another worry is traffic, but as we are going over a weekend I know that will be problematic. Watched a video on YouTube filmed by a gent on a Suzuki C50 and he didn't seem to have too much trouble and it looks fun. Thanks for the Mini Dragon update.

Cheers,

Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046

Jim

Just saw this..talk to Jimmy Rey he organized some rides to Skyline and lives in VA. A few of us will meet up with you guys

T

PS If the bike is back by then!:biglaugh:

Jim

Just saw this..talk to Jimmy Rey he organized some rides to Skyline and lives in VA. A few of us will meet up with you guys

T

PS If the bike is back by then!:biglaugh:

Will do!! Looking forward to hooking up with Vmax owners along our way. Thanks for the lead on who to talk to.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046

Where in VA is this Skyline Dr. you speak of?

Going to give this post a bump. I will be putting up our ride route shortly and want to put out an open invitation to others who would like to meet up along the way. The dates are Aug 1-4th. If you are interested in hooking up with our group, about 6 or 7 of us, and coming along let me know.

Jim

Did you guys do this ride? I actually left for NH on the 2nd but did'nt hear any confirmation about it. BTW, Kloker.. passed by Butler on the way up North on 81..looked like a nice riding area...did'nt see any VMAX on the road though..must have had your kloaking device on

D

Unfortunately work demands kept me from going so everyone kind of decided to do this next year. Our plan is to go down the weekend before Thunder in the Valley and combine into one big trip. Should be a blast.

Jim

Did you guys do this ride? I actually left for NH on the 2nd but did'nt hear any confirmation about it. BTW, Kloker.. passed by Butler on the way up North on 81..looked like a nice riding area...did'nt see any VMAX on the road though..must have had your kloaking device on

D

You should have looked me up!I never heard of 81? 79 and 80 are close. There are 3 butlers in Pa. In in butler county,North of pittsburgh.

Back