New Akrapovic Slip-On for VMX17

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are nice but I need my arms and legs. Maybe I'll win the lotto.:eusa_dance:

Yeah but Akra makes GOOD stuff. The welds make Jon at UFO's look like a 2nd grader did them.

Yeah but Akra makes GOOD stuff. The welds make Jon at UFO's look like a 2nd grader did them.

Probably so, but I still can't afford 'em. I'm gonna hang for awhile and see if anything else comes out. Until then, I'm focused on the x pipe.

In addition to all of the above, the greatest improvement made was to the sound output. This combination is not legal for street use and comes also with removable noise dampers.

Is this supposed to say not legal ?

HURRY THE FRICK UP AND LOOK IN THE DAMN BOX AND DROP THOSE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

Longest box opening in history. Ever.

Even Pandoras was opened quicker than that box.

Ahhhg rop a viiich.

Ahhhh KROP a viiiiish.
________
Yamaha DX1 history

Last edited:
After much searching, I found that both Lockhart Phillips and Parts Unlimited are only importers. They don't sell to the public. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I found a dealer in my home State of NC who deals with these companies.

http://www.ronayers.com/

I called them today. They said being that these pipes are very new, they would not show up in their systems right away. He said to talk to Akrapovic directly to see when they would be available for sale to distributors. Being that my minutes calling back to the States are quite expensive from here in El Salvador, I opted to wait until I get back State-side.

Here's the unboxing video of this exhaust. Sure would like to hear them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcF2O366tLw

I want to be this guy. "I just bought my 2009 V-Max, now I will go forth and buy EVERY damn aftermarket part available for it, just for Shets and grins. After I install my parts I'll run it on the dyno that I just so happen to have in my garage. After some dyno runs I suppose I will let Jay Gleason make a few quarter mile runs on it."

Yeah, I'm jealous!

it sad that the set up cost $2000+ out of reach for most people and why you can get a x pipe and find a custom set of cans for way less. the x pipe on mine with stock cans sounds good not loud but decent and i talked in detail with Mike the guy that makes the x pipe about recoring the stock cans so that may be up and coming for guys that like the stock look. imho stock cans fit the bike single round dont flow plus they dont weight anything.
Chris :punk:

Back