new covers for cans

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smackdown

Reaction score
Hello group,

Freezing hell here in Kansas. Too cold to drive, much less ride.........But I am somewhat of a weather wussy......could ride in 11 degree cold I guess.......

I've been told that you could replace the chrome muffler outer shields on the stock Vmax muffler. You know, the part of the muffler that gets scratched and/or dented, especially if you lay the bike over on it's side. Anyone ever tried to change one of these? Got a part number for a new shield? I can find plenty of dented ones cheap, but I'm picky about the Max and would like to keep the bike perfect.

I want a stock muffler to drill out REAL loud. Just for pissing off a neighbor. I already know I'm a dick for this, (or so my wife says,....or maybe she said she wanted some dick......no volunteers please) but he HATES loud motorcycles. BTW, did I mention he blocked me in the driveway for much of last week, during all the snow? Some night around 2AM would be perfect................rack 'em off..........shut it down before the cops get there......

thanks, gotta go clarify something with the wife........

Smackdown

I am waiting to recieve a system From Mark! ( MAN I CAN HARDLY WAIT ) I would be willing to part with the whole factory system if you are interested!

LOL No the chrome isn't replaceable... I however have a full exhaust off my 2006 with 150 pampered miles on them. 450.00 plus shipping takes EVERYTHING!

Cheers,
Chris

I saw stainless can covers for the fazers,fzx700, on ebay awhile back.Never for the vmax.I'd put the money into a full system or slip ons if it was me.

I have a complete exhaust system from my '93 that is in like new condidtion I would be willing to sell. Its just being stored in a box right now taking up space in my garage. I don't know where you are in Kansas City, but I live in Gardner. If interested you are free to come look at it. Even if you're not interested give me a shout, I'm always up for riding with another VMax.

KC, Just wanted to say I dig your avatar. Bender Rocks!:punk: Not to jump completely off topic, but after getting my new exhuast, I will stay with the aftermarket. The old one was SOOO heavy (comparitively) I think the muffler weighs as much as my whole new system. by the way, I've said it before, but Mark at Marks pipe is the man!:worthy: Now I just gotta quit being lazy and tighten up my head bearing to lose my low speed wobble. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back