New Gear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hijacker

Reaction score
We've been talking all winter about what we are doing to our bikes getting ready for this riding season.

But what about our gear? Has anybody bought new riding gear?

I'd really like to get these boots... Alpinstars S-MX-1

And I put on a mirrored faceshield more suitable for Hooliganism.

e102071c-2869-4e76-a361-f1a39bbeeae2_zps264af5dd.jpg

Nice new boots and jacket!
When I worked at the dealership back in the 90's we sold the heck out of Firstgear stuff.

I posted in the for sale section some good quality armored jackets for anyone who takes XL or XXL depending on the company's cut more than the actual size. Two of them are barely used. Alpinestars leather jacket & Firstgear nylon all-weather jacket. Also a more-used, less-expensive all-weather jacket by Motoport, as worn by motorsports announcer Dave Despain.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=305258#post305258

I might try to pick up a pair of riding jeans, like those Drayko's or some of the new styles from Icon. Something I can actually wear once I get to work without having to change.

I keep looking for some riding boots that would fit the bill also....good for the bike, but comfortable and practical enough to wear all day and I just haven't found them yet. Those Astars ones look good though, I'd be interested to hear some feedback on them, maybe give those a try. For now I'll keep using my 5.11 combat boots for everything.

Oddly enough one of the biggest problems I find with "riding boots" I've tried is that they don't fit under the shift lever easily. You'd think this would have been considered when designing motorcycle-specific footwear.

Back