New member Scotland

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I just thought I would drop a wee message and say hello.I joined a few weeks back but was getting a feel for the site before posting.Current bikes are vmax1200,trx850.rd250lc.Have owned my Vmax since 1996.An imported 1990 candy red california model, standard spec except full stainless steel laser pro-stock exhaust system,have recently just overhauled brakes and carbs max is back to pulling like a train and stopping like a boat.(so i know i did it right).Throws the adrenaline about under acceleration and also when stopping what's not to like. :)

Don't follow Max Midnight's example! Your bank account will not be the same! After the Mod Monkey crawls onto your back, he's impossible to shake-off.

A 1999 1300cc with Mikuni 40mm TDMR Carbs, gassflowed head, Holeshot headers with custom silencers.
It is kept off the ground by Dymags coupled with Racetech springs and emulators at the front and White Power shocks at the back.
It is slowed down with an ISR radial master cylinder and six pot callipers grabbing onto Braking wave discs.

Don't follow Max Midnight's example! Your bank account will not be the same! After the Mod Monkey crawls onto your back, he's impossible to shake-off.
My name is Max Midnight and I was addicted to modifying my V Max. The Mod Monkey is a terrible addiction and whilst I consider myself to be in remission I know I'm never going to throw the creature off my back.
Before the ape took me over I could tear trees from the ground with merely a breath, see through walls and eat four Shredded Wheat for breakfast...and still have room for seconds.
I am but a husk of my former magnificence; when I see 'Safety related items' on my screen I fall to a foetal position on the floor, my garage has become a no-go area protected by razor wire, a minefield and three watch towers equipped with searchlights and several M61 rotary cannons to stop me venturing back in and the final ignominy is only being allowed a small bowl of Rice Crispies.

You have been warned Mr Almax12...don't end up like me! 😰

My name is Max Midnight and I was addicted to modifying my V Max. The Mod Monkey is a terrible addiction and whilst I consider myself to be in remission I know I'm never going to throw the creature off my back.
Before the ape took me over I could tear trees from the ground with merely a breath, see through walls and eat four Shredded Wheat for breakfast...and still have room for seconds.
I am but a husk of my former magnificence; when I see 'Safety related items' on my screen I fall to a foetal position on the floor, my garage has become a no-go area protected by razor wire, a minefield and three watch towers equipped with searchlights and several M61 rotary cannons to stop me venturing back in and the final ignominy is only being allowed a small bowl of Rice Crispies.

You have been warned Mr Almax12...don't end up like me! 😰
"The Horror!"

1687004500053.png

Hi, I just thought I would drop a wee message and say hello.I joined a few weeks back but was getting a feel for the site before posting.Current bikes are vmax1200,trx850.rd250lc.Have owned my Vmax since 1996.An imported 1990 candy red california model, standard spec except full stainless steel laser pro-stock exhaust system,have recently just overhauled brakes and carbs max is back to pulling like a train and stopping like a boat.(so i know i did it right).Throws the adrenaline about under acceleration and also when stopping what's not to like. :)
Welcome to the club. Have a shot of 18 year old Glengoyne for me! That's the great scotch...

If you need any assistance on spending money on your Max we are always happy to make suggestions!
:eek::D
I bought my max 27 years ago from a Yamaha dealership the only non standard mods are progressive fork springs, koni rear shocks and a stainless laser pro-stock system.It still makes me smile.Although comfier seat or possible rearset change now pending. :)

A 1999 1300cc with Mikuni 40mm TDMR Carbs, gassflowed head, Holeshot headers with custom silencers.
It is kept off the ground by Dymags coupled with Racetech springs and emulators at the front and White Power shocks at the back.
It is slowed down with an ISR radial master cylinder and six pot callipers grabbing onto Braking wave discs.
Thanks for the advice I like all sorts of mods however i also like a bank account,Some people say shrewd, some say tight. I like to think I walk the line in the middle. This helps me fight the mod monkey.This also helped me to adapt to premeditated/concentration handling and still using the oe scary willorwont braking system (will it stop or wont it cheapest laxative ever)😅

Back