VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABI04

Reaction score
New to the forum but not new to motorcycle forums. I'm a member of several Busa forums. Currently looking for a project Vmax. I had a 1986 Vmax from 1989-1997. That was my first fast street bike. Wouldn?t mind getting another one to play with. I?ll try to get some old pics scanned and posted. Currently riding a 2004 Hayabusa.

Question for you Vmax people. What kind of paint jobs are most popular? Single color, stripes, flames, custom??? For the last couple years I?ve been piecing together body sets, mostly for Busas, and custom painting them as a hobby. I try to do custom jobs that are affordable to the average guy. I?ve sold most of my Busa sets for the same price as a new stock set. I get one done every 2-3months and then sell it for some extra mod money. I just bought a set off this forum and was wondering what would sell best. Here are some pics of some of my paint jobs.

IMG_2713.jpg

red_silver2.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

r1_fin10.jpg

That is some damn nice work!!!!! well done. Stock paint here so far. 06 colors. Factory Flames. I like the look.. one vote for flames:biglaugh:

Welcome to the forum ABI04

Chris Hansen
VMOA # 4560

Old school muscle car themes seem to be pretty popular, I'd say they are second to custom paint jobs in popularity.
I myself have no clue what I want for a paint scheme on my Max.
One day I'll just let someone paint away on her and see what happens!

Old school muscle car themes seem to be pretty popular, I'd say they are second to custom paint jobs in popularity.
I myself have no clue what I want for a paint scheme on my Max.
One day I'll just let someone paint away on her and see what happens!

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking something "muscle car related" also. The Vmax has always been called the muscle car of bikes. I've still got the 4 page pull out of some mag(85-86') that states "Any similarity to a muscle car is purely intentional". Can't wait to get my parts so I can get started.

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking something "muscle car related" also. The Vmax has always been called the muscle car of bikes. I've still got the 4 page pull out of some mag(85-86') that states "Any similarity to a muscle car is purely intentional". Can't wait to get my parts so I can get started.

Well IF you come to Sunny Warm Florida for a vacation your more than welcome to practice on my Max! :biglaugh:

Well IF you come to Sunny Warm Florida for a vacation your more than welcome to practice on my Max! :biglaugh:

I'll keep that in mind. I've got relatives near Naples, I make it down there every few years. Shipping wouldn't be that bad on a set like this either probably only around $50. I've shipped several busa sets around the country, a Vmax set would be a piece of cake compared to those. Let me know if/when you're thinking of some paint.

I'll keep that in mind. I've got relatives near Naples, I make it down there every few years. Shipping wouldn't be that bad on a set like this either probably only around $50. I've shipped several busa sets around the country, a Vmax set would be a piece of cake compared to those. Let me know if/when you're thinking of some paint.

I definitely like your artistry! Very Nicely done!
I will definitely keep you in mind. I just need to figure out what I want.
I kind of have in mind that I want nothing but black with red highlights, so I've kind of tried to picture everything black chrome and high gloss black paint with bits of red through out the bike, like brake lines, brake/clutch levers etc. ect.
But I also would love something done in an American flag theme!
I've been toying with stealing Odieoh24's idea but with an American flag instead.

Custom vmax paint sets will be cool,I had a hard time finding someone to paint my stuff they would rather do Harleys for top dollar.

Flames or stripes on a max look cool

if i ever get a paintjob it will be flat colored camo, not the realtree crap but more like army vehicles. flat black and camo would look pretty sweet on a max i think

My 97 goes back in for paint Friday. Going with Copperhead orange (2005 Dodge Hemi Charger colour) with flat black racing stripes on fenders and airbox cover. Swing arm and pumpking going with the orange as well as fork lowers, rad sides and flame grills for scoops and rad. Scoop grills will be flat black, front fender "legs" (have a new Carrozzeri front fender from NP Racing), side panels, and engine will also be flat black. That and I am going to order a custom seat from Sean. Will have to post pics when done.

Latest posts

Back