New owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enf0rc3r570

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Rode lots of Vmax, but about to purchase my own. It's needs some minor TLC, fuel pump, battery, and seat cover. I was wondering if anyone could identify the seat that's on it. I know it isn't stock. Also if you could point me in the direction of a cover for it, tyia.

Attachments

• received_745538400867803.jpeg
    received_745538400867803.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Corbin seat. Any decent upholsterer can recover that for you. Are the upholstery fasteners wide-head rivets?

I had a Corbin like this one on my gen1 when I got it, It felt great for the first few minute but brutally uncomfortable for anything more than a jaunt to town (scenic route about 45 min each way). I found it way too hard. I think narrower riders tend to struggle more with the unusually hard/heavy foam. I'm 6.2 but still found the added width of the Corbin to be awkward at lights and in parking lots, it does seem like the one pictured may have less width than the one I had. I would suggest giving that Corbin a couple day rides to see if it actually is going to be a good fit for you.

I mention this because it could be a waste of resources to recover a seat that may not be adequately comfortable to begin with. There are services on this forum that modify/recover stock seats or do full replacement seats. I got a Maxgasser seat from a vendor here and I effen love it.

Another way is to ask local bike shops if there is someone nearby that they can reccomend to do a simple recover.

Welcome!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I've been looking in the classifieds, and everything seems like really old posts?? Any links to seats people still sell or do you know of people selling them? That maxgasser looks really nice, but it says the guy stopped making them

I would check with Sean Morley (Morleys Muscle) here on this forum. IIRC he used to do some work on seats, if not I would suspect he knows who does. I've done business with him before and I highly recommend him. My guess is this will get you some good options or at least a point in the right direction.

Back