New Shinko

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry didn't know I lectured you :rofl_200:

G

I've got too much shit banging around in my head so I lose track of who everyone is from time to time plus it's hard to tell from my phone LOL :bang head:

i didn't think gannon was on this thread? anyways. hey man best of luck with the brakes, i bet i'll work fine. not my cup of tea, but as asked i'll keep my comments to myself. i'd honestly be more concerned about the smaller forks. whats the weight difference?

18x6 is gonna be big! since it will extend another .5" into the swingarm from a 17" wheel, u sure the clearance will be ok?

Garrett, Gannon oh hell I guess they sound the same :confused2:

I don't want to have to stand up for you Garrett if it was you starting the ruckess :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

G

Sorry bro I got confused cause I was out in the shop when I replied earlier... Yes the wheel will be fine, it actually lands perfectly into the stock notch and the tire is practically identical in height as the one I have on there now, that's why I went with the 200/50-18 because its less than a 1/16 of an inch taller than what I have now, I didn't want to add any more gear by going to a 200/50-17 because its a bit shorter than what I have now. I'm not positive on the weight difference on the forks but I know everything is smaller on the early forks including the triple trees and I need to rebuild mine anyway so I'm going to swap to the lighter set and I'll change the head bearings while I'm at it too.. I've got a blown seal on my current forks so the brake I'm removing is covered in fork oil anyway so it can't be doing much so I figure by going to the early forks I can run the Busa caliper with a wavy rotor and it should stop at least as good (probably better) than what I have now and I've never been in a situation where I couldn't stop in time yet. I do ride fairly conservative on the street though, I have a cdl so my license is how I make my living so I try to be careful.

very interesting. my brother has a '92 and has been looking at getting the newer bigger forks. any interest in a trade with him? he just powdercoated his lowers and did the seals and new stem bearings.

Garrett, Gannon oh hell I guess they sound the same :confused2:

I don't want to have to stand up for you Garrett if it was you starting the ruckess :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

G

all good bro. must be our dashing good looks as this isn't the first time we've been confused!

Sorry Garret, I already bought a set earlier this year when I started figuring out how I wanted to do this project. I would be interested in selling mine but I probably won't be at that point for a couple months yet, if he still wants them then I'll make him a great deal on them.

Figured out my swingarm tonight, only thing I'm still pretty concerned about is the notch, its gonna be damn close and I believe I'll have to shave a little off the left side of the bulge on the tire. The rest is a breeze, figured out how I'm mounting my nitrous bottle in the swingarm and how to brace it and gusset it so there will be absolutely no flex, the upside to it will be that I won't have a bottle just hanging in the breeze off of my bike... I'm not trying to hide the kit, I mean you'll be able to see the nozzles in the intakes but I just really prefer the cleaner type looks without a bunch of bling.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

that'd be great. can you send me a pm when you're ready? we can talk then eh? he'd probably be interested in the forks, triples, rotors, calipers etc. depending on price, obviously.

sounds like u got it all ready to go. best of luck. i saw your other thread, u look @ the washer swap?

Latest posts

Back