New vmax owner. 1988

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

Reaction score
Well, just purchased a non running vmax. My brother has had several since his first one in the early 90s. I think I can get it running with help from this forum. Really glad to be a part of something as cool as the Vmax. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220720_202925.jpg
    20220720_202925.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Title shows 1988. Maybe you can help me. My right switch for starteit. Fuel reserve, and on/ off is broken. I found one for a 2005, it looks the same, but I wanted to make sure before I bought it

Title shows 1988. Maybe you can help me. My right switch for starteit. Fuel reserve, and on/ off is broken. I found one for a 2005, it looks the same, but I wanted to make sure before I bought it
I could only assume it would work, they did not change much through the years. I would probably post that as a separate question and I’m sure you will get the absolute correct answer from these guys. Is it expensive? If not maybe take a chance? I’d hate to steer you in the wrong direction. I had an 89 with the same colors, miss that bike.

Check part numbers for your switch for both year bikes on a vendor site like Revzilla...if they are the same they will be interchangeable.

I could only assume it would work, they did not change much through the years. I would probably post that as a separate question and I’m sure you will get the absolute correct answer from these guys. Is it expensive? If not maybe take a chance? I’d hate to steer you in the wrong direction. I had an 89 with the same colors, miss that bike.
Thanks. Yeah, I am going to post that in the correct location. I am on other forums for cars. I should know the rules by now. I mean heck.....this is the welcome forum. But thanks for the speedy replies. Im already liking this site.

Welcome were here for you my friend! 86 here in the sunshine state!

Attachments

• bike week 5.jpg
    bike week 5.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back