No fuel to the cylinder.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevman

Reaction score
Greetings one and all.I have been having huge problems with the bike not running right.So the carbs were rebuilt,cv diaphragms replaced with used ones off my other carbs,an open circuit wire on the left front cop wiring was repaired.Now the left rear wasn't firing so my testing consisted of checking the spark plug.It looked wet but was actually dry with a shiny black electrode and very clean on the thread part.I tested the spark on the cop with another sparkplug sitting on the cylinder and the bike felt like it wanted to stall.Remove spark plug and the bike would recover.Swapped the cop and the wiring loom with the resistor with the right hand side and it seemed to sort that problem out.I then removed the diaphragm and slide from the carb and found the slide was wet with fuel.I couldn't see any holes in the diaphragm and put it back.Started the bike up and ran it and the left rear header stayed cold.Took the spark plug out and dry as so started the bike and ran it without the spark plug in place and no fuel seemed to come out and my finger stayed dry when I covered the hole and didn't smell of fuel.So any suggestions on what to do next?Help help me please.It's doing my head in.Cheers Kevman.

Plugged pilot jet on that cylinder? Have you set the float level yourself? If the cylinder doesn't fire on idle, but underway, with the bike running say 4,000 rpm, the bike runs-fine, I'd say it is likely a plugged pilot jet.

Ok I'll test it tomorrow at 4000 revs and yes I set the float levels and I suppose fuck it that I'll be pulling the carbs off again.Thanks Firemedic for the tip.Cheers Kevman.lol

Back