Perko Modded fuel neck

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavgrab302

Reaction score
Well I just recently noticed that the gas cap I have isn't the stock one that came on Vmaxes. I guess when previous owner bought the corbin seat they modified it with a rubber 2" reducer down to a 1 1/2" that accepted a Perko filler neck, I guess so it was higher in the seat. I never noticed it before because it looked like it belonged on the bike.
I was looking what just the cap costs and it's $119, any suggestion on caps that will work, that are priced in reality. the reason I am replacing the rubber reducer and Perko is because it is starting to split.

That is a common mod and I have done it on all Maxes with the original Corbin seat. The new Corbin is easier to fill and doesn't need the mod. You can get the reducer at a plumbing supply store. The cap was usually purchased at a marine supply store. I would keep the set-up and just replace the reducer. It makes it a lot easier to fill up. Especially with the vapor type hoses.

Back