Reassemble tommorrow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Well folks I am going to re-assemble my bike tommorrow after pulling the gas tank, rear wheel, rear fender and brake caliper.

I went through the bike and decided I was going to replace the rear rotor, both sets of pads, grease the shaft drive, replace shaft fluid, replace brake fluid and of course install the clean and kreemed gas tank.

I basically have a bunch of nuts and bolts on the floor of my garage and need some guidance.

Here is the list I hope you guys can help with...

1. detailed parts list of the tank so I can put everything back together

2. detailed parts list of the rear fender

3. tq settings on the rear wheel shaft and all other tq settings for the other shit i took apart

4. Are the front and rear brakes linked in any way? I am going to drain and bleed front and rear fluid once I install new pads

If there is anything you guys want to add please do so. I am hoping once I get this clean rust free tank installed and clean the carbs my bike will run perfect.

Thanks,
Abe

I don't what anyone else has to say, but I have found this site to be helpful at parts and assembly.

This for an '85 VMX 1200.

http://partsfinder.ridenow.com/fich...ry=Motorcycles&make=Yamaha&year=1985&fveh=122

They have a lot of parts and online microfiche showing how it goes together.

This is for a VMX12NC/VMX12N. I don't know what the difference is between them.

http://partsfinder.ridenow.com/fich...=Motorcycles&make=Yamaha&year=1985&fveh=20015

12NC is the California version.
They tack on more taxes for pollution control. It also has the Hollywood hype packaged with it. They put a life sized cutout of The Fonz next to it in the showroom.
Don't confuse that one with the 12NCSF. It's the same but comes in Pink!

:biglaugh:

Back