Removing rear suspension

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowaleed

Reaction score
Hello,
I want to replace the rear suspension to sturt when I prepare the bike for the track then return it back for the street, have any one removed it from out side( without removing the fuel tank) to make it easier or I must do the big job ?

I had a shop install the Wilbers shock on mine. The shop told me that they were able to remove and replace the shock from the bottom with the rear tire off. Tight to get at the bolts but doable. I do not know if any special tools were used because the shop performed the work. They did say they suspended the bike high to make the job easier.

I had a shop install the Wilbers shock on mine. The shop told me that they were able to remove and replace the shock from the bottom with the rear tire off. Tight to get at the bolts but doable. I do not know if any special tools were used because the shop performed the work. They did say they suspended the bike high to make the job easier.
Thank you Allen for your reply, this may helps, I didn’t think about removing the rear wheel.

Back