Ride an 09 in Arkansas

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
My buddy just called me from the Fayettsville Arkansa Area and told me that he is going to be riding an 09 VMAX tomorrow at a Bike Ralley and Yamaha will be there with 2 new 09 VMAX's to test ride around a track.:clapping:

Re: Ride an 09 in Arkansa

I can't head up there until Friday afternoon, but I'm putting on the saddle bags, sissy bar, and tent as we speak.

Quote from a buddy that rode it already.

"...Last and not nearly least the VMax. Just a group of 2 plus the demo guy. What a freakin beast! unending power. doesn't handle too bad."

Nuff Said

BBBBQ020.jpg

Ok, maybe not quite enough said... but I did tell you guys you should be coming down to Bikes, Blues, and BBQ. I didn't know they were going to be doing this but who was I to complain!?

My thoughts:
I read after the journalists ride in California that the throttle was very sensitive, I didn't really find this to be the case, easily manageable from the get go, really didn't take any getting used to.

Hyper smooth and a beautiful whine as you wind it up.

I loved the corners with those radials, suspension, and rigid frame

Pick a gear and use it, doesn't matter with this endless power, like I said, it wasn't unmanageable by any stretch, but a horrendous amount at your disposal.

On an entry ramp on the interstate got to get a good blast in up to 100, sheer euphoria. No twisting frame when you reem on it, no front end shake at the shift to fifth, no looking down for the tach, no telling you are doing 100, just silky smooth.

Like one journalist said, "my butt is still smiling!"

Star had 3 '09s there, on the first day someone came in to demo one who had there deposit down but had only been riding a 250 Rebel or something before that. Got scared or fixated in a corner and ran it into the woods. Down to two 09's then, and the guy said he was going to call his dealer, cancel his order, and forgo the deposit. They wouldn't give me his number...

On another note, my wife rode with me on a Hardley Fatbob, a Victory Vegas, and a Warrior, and she was soooo happy to be back on my max because its seat was soooo much more comfortable for her. Hows that!?

Kinda long winded.... but i was excited, what can I say!

(oh yeah, loved riding the Z1000 too, like that bike!)

Just like I said, some will buy this bike and get scared shitless and put it up for sale. I will be waiting for that."May I ain't scared me" I mean (No Fear!)
Ok, maybe not quite enough said... but I did tell you guys you should be coming down to Bikes, Blues, and BBQ. I didn't know they were going to be doing this but who was I to complain!?

My thoughts:
I read after the journalists ride in California that the throttle was very sensitive, I didn't really find this to be the case, easily manageable from the get go, really didn't take any getting used to.

Hyper smooth and a beautiful whine as you wind it up.

I loved the corners with those radials, suspension, and rigid frame

Pick a gear and use it, doesn't matter with this endless power, like I said, it wasn't unmanageable by any stretch, but a horrendous amount at your disposal.

On an entry ramp on the interstate got to get a good blast in up to 100, sheer euphoria. No twisting frame when you reem on it, no front end shake at the shift to fifth, no looking down for the tach, no telling you are doing 100, just silky smooth.

Like one journalist said, "my butt is still smiling!"

Star had 3 '09s there, on the first day someone came in to demo one who had there deposit down but had only been riding a 250 Rebel or something before that. Got scared or fixated in a corner and ran it into the woods. Down to two 09's then, and the guy said he was going to call his dealer, cancel his order, and forgo the deposit. They wouldn't give me his number...

On another note, my wife rode with me on a Hardley Fatbob, a Victory Vegas, and a Warrior, and she was soooo happy to be back on my max because its seat was soooo much more comfortable for her. Hows that!?

Kinda long winded.... but i was excited, what can I say!

(oh yeah, loved riding the Z1000 too, like that bike!)

I feel like we just lost a family member!

It sounds like he's more of a step child. He wanted to be part of the family, so he bought a Vmax and could'nt hang.

Yeah, I don't think we lost much in the rider... the bike on the other hand, I didn't think I could persuade them out of that either!

I'm not sure what he was expecting, going from a 15hp Rebel to a 200hp max... caught up in the moment I guess...

There were actually 4 09's there, two demos, one wrecked, and one was static display. I was looking over the display bike and noticed a whole lot of rubber up under the rear fender. Yamaha guys said it was the same bike that was unveiled on the Midway. Hmmm... how do I get a hold of that bike!?:hmmm:

I didn't get to ride one, but the guys were nice enough to pull it back off of the trailer so I could sit on it again.
vmaxII.jpg

I need to quit looking at the thing, I end up wanting it even more every time I see it.

And the headlight was even uglier than I remembered.:bang head:
headlightSmall.jpg

Just another example of what I've been saying, Jayhawk has V Max roots, no two ways about it!! :biglaugh:

Hey, I loved my VMax and will have another one someday. Every time I twist the throttle on the Burger King, I get a big smile...so, I'm not exactly suffering. (Except, of course, when the damn thing is lying on its side. :biglaugh:)

Would you two guys get a room or something! :biglaugh: You guys are getting almost as bad as SS and Lankee!:rofl_200:Well, maybe not that bad!:rofl_200::rofl_200:

30"
I had to cut two inches out of my current max to stand flat footed.
She really feels like my bike without the drag bars. She feels like home.

Back