rifle windshield

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Memphis Shades I use on trips of more than 150 miles. A long ride with it makes a big difference in fatigue factor.There is nothing like it to defleck bugs, and even the rain. Dam straight they're ugly...lol. I hate the look. My Max turns into a bagger in the fall and early spring. 4k in 8 days is some serious riding BC.Welcome to the forum.
Steve-o

Which memphis shades. Fork mount? I have a hellcat universal not a big fan due to vibration of windshield.
Thanks Steve-o

Agreed...find a way to make it "quick release" so you can hide it when you get there cause its an eye sore LOL. But hey I been in the "goin on 21 hours in the saddle and I wish I had a F****** windshield right now" shoes.Whatever works!

The Hellcat didnt vibrate almost at all on my Dads Magna. Maybe try remounting it?

That's a lot of riding. I'd put up a pink windshield if I had to if I was riding 4k miles even if it was over the course of 30 days.

Holler if you ride through western north Carolina.

Like the Rifle Superbike Fairing for trips. Had one on a Suzuki GS1150 and one on my Max till a crash destroyed it. Only problem is matching your paint. They come in primer, gloss black or they will match a stock color for a fee. My paint is not stock so they couldn't match it and my original painter has a several year backlog now... :bang head:

I've been running this one.. http://www.classiccruiser.com/National-Cycle/Plexistar-2-Fairing/99457/
and the price was decent. I do get some buffeting noise but it seems to be quieter with my face-shield opened a bit or use my open faced helmet. It's also very easy to remove.
later,bill
Just got the same one for Xmas. Looking forward to trying it out this spring. Mounts up pretty nice, and seems solid enough. The four mounts stay on the bike and are pretty low-key. Removal is pretty quick, which is good, because it doesn't do much in the looks department.

I got this one for the hand protection as well as the windshield- my other bike is a Honda TransAlp with wrap-around hand guards, and I found my hands were a lot colder on the highway on the Vmax.

In the process making the mounting system for a Memphis Shades "bullitt" shield. I think it really looks good. Not to big-- not to small. Should have it all done by this weekend.
I'll try to post pix,
Lew

Back