Right side turn signals stopped working, Gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cree2023

Reaction score
Left side OK, Hazards on left work, dash light flashes either side. Disassembled turn signal switch... serviced, same issue. Thanks for any advice.

The first thing I test on electrical issues is the battery has 12.7 volts and is capable of starting the bike. After that, on a lighting issue, it's that the filament or LED is OK for continuity, and no open circuit. After that it's ground(s). Then looking for a skinned, grounded wire or a failed connector.

Checking an LED for continuity video:
https://www.google.com/search?q=can...te=ive&vld=cid:04132075,vid:FjLLKAtoPYI,st:57

He checks with the multimeter on 'diode'

Last edited:
Really need to see a wiring diagram to offer suggestions as it unusual for both lamps to stop working.

Typically each lamp has its own ground.

Obviously the first step is to check the bulbs.
Next remove bulb and using multimeter connected to positive connector and a know good ground such as negative battery terminal.

If nothing, trace the power lead to its source.

The fact that hazards still work and the dash indicator still works even though the bulbs don't may be because you don't have a flasher relay but this signal is generated by the cpu... hence asking for a wiring diagram.

Do you have an integrated rear brake light? Did you run resistors anywhere?

When I first went to scoop halos and integrated rear light, I didnt get the correct turn relay. I began losing my right turns as well due to me having my resistor in the right scoop. The right scoop houses the coolant housing and gets very hot. The resistor failed due to excessive heat. Removing my resistor and replacing my turn relay with an electronic one cured my problem.

I would also check to see is either of those assemblies are working by bench testing them.

Do you have an integrated rear brake light? Did you run resistors anywhere?

When I first went to scoop halos and integrated rear light, I didnt get the correct turn relay. I began losing my right turns as well due to me having my resistor in the right scoop. The right scoop houses the coolant housing and gets very hot. The resistor failed due to excessive heat. Removing my resistor and replacing my turn relay with an electronic one cured my problem.

I would also check to see is either of those assemblies are working by bench testing them.
Thanks, good lead that explains a lot. I did not run anything extra (resisters). Got to check on it this weekend!

The first thing I test on electrical issues is the battery has 12.7 volts and is capable of starting the bike. After that, on a lighting issue, it's that the filament or LED is OK for continuity, and no open circuit. After that it's ground(s). Then looking for a skinned, grounded wire or a failed connector.

Checking an LED for continuity video:
https://www.google.com/search?q=can...te=ive&vld=cid:04132075,vid:FjLLKAtoPYI,st:57

He checks with the multimeter on 'diode'
Thanks for the link! Good info!

Latest posts

Back