rubber on the scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has taken off the rubber pieces on the under side of the scoops. They are on the bottom where it fits over the carbs. They kinda stick out and I think they look like shit.....Do these really serve any purpose ?
I was thinking of taking them off but wanted to ask before I destroy the clips that hold them on. If you have taken them off, did you notice any rattles now or anything ?

Is there a way to take the clips off with out wrecking them ? :confused2:

Those just keep ypu from getting to your diapram screws with a ball allen.I hooped those too!

Use a pair of needle nose pliers to gently squeeze them while pulling and they will come off. You'll bend them a little, but just straighten them out if you want to save them for the future. Those clips are available at your local hardware store.

Thanks, Yeah, they're gone. I'm gonna hoop them too I think. :biglaugh:

I checked them out this afternoon I really didn't think they did anything. Ok boys hoop your rubbers ! :thumbs up:

I know the little icon is a guy giving a thumbs up, but to me it looks like a dude shaking a cold can of beer. Yummm. Beeeer. My wife just told me I'm over due on my pills again...

Back