Seat Foam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneksoldier

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am working on reconstructing an ATV seat (Yamaha Warrior 350) that was left outside in the weather. Finding a cover is no problem, but the foam is also ruined. The foam appears and feels like the OEM Vmax seat. Any idea what material to use and where to get it? I have seen upholstery foam to order online, but unsure what to get as it is available in different densities, etc.

Read this guide for a lot of good info on the different types of foam you can use:
http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/index.php

I got a scrap piece of foam for my seat back in 2001 for free from a friend that worked at an auto upholstery shop.
I added 1" to the butt area (it compressed to about 1/2") over the reshaped stock foam and I'm still happy with it.
he let me test out a few different types until I found one I liked (I believe it was a medium density foam).

I'd see if there are any auto shops near you that do upholstery and check with them, they may have some scraps tha twork well for your seat at a good price.

Attachments

• 2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back