• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sexy Gen 2 Hard Bags.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chargerblk

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm late to the party but are those beautiful saddlebags c/w the metal inlay that
perfectly match the lines of the bike still available ?
Anywhere ? They really are the only ones for the bike unless someone has others to suggest.

Very late unfortunately. Those bags were made by Yamaha as an accessory. They stopped producing them I'd say six or seven years ago. If you can find a used set which pop up rarely, the asking price will probably be twice the original cost.

What might make you feel better is that although they look good, they really can hold very little.

Last edited:
Well, I'll have to live with that. They did look cool however.
Also looking for a small windscreen but don't care for the " Boulevard " that Yamaha offers.

Yes I've seen that one. A little too large for me.
Probably works great but I think it changes the look of the bike too much.
There is/was a " Leaf " windscreen that could work and I saw another one on a YouTube Yamaha 60th anniversary VMAX that looked really good but cannot make out the manufacturer's
name on the sticker. I played it back 10 times. Even used a magnifying glass ! Felt like Columbo !
No dice...

Yes I've seen that one. A little too large for me.
Probably works great but I think it changes the look of the bike too much.
There is/was a " Leaf " windscreen that could work and I saw another one on a YouTube Yamaha 60th anniversary VMAX that looked really good but cannot make out the manufacturer's
name on the sticker. I played it back 10 times. Even used a magnifying glass ! Felt like Columbo !
No dice...

Man I feel like Mr. Bad news. :(

The leaf screen is rare as the bags......

http://shop.2ri.de/en/leaf-shaped-screen-vmax

it was also a Genuine Yamaha Accessory that is no longer being made as far as I know.

In addition I don't think it was ever available in the States.....you had to import it.
I know a couple of owners that have them.

If you do a Google search of the part# 907-981Y3-03-00 you'll get back some more info.

I managed to locate them on a website in England.
I have a " call " in for them . Likely hear back next week that they are NLA !
Figures ! Always want what I can't have.

Check this one out! Thinking of getting one myself. exactrep.com

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 69
That one could work. Thanks.
Price is reasonable.
Will ask tomorrow about shipping.
I still like that "funky" cut-out for the shift light on the Leaf, but if you can't get, you can't get.

I've got this one for sale?

Attachments

• IMG_20200105_111737.jpg
    IMG_20200105_111737.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 64
That is the "Boulevard" screen.
It looks a little beat up ?
Maybe just the reflection.
Yamaha still have that one but mucho dinero.

I have a Flyscreen from exactrep for sale. Just installed in March and decided to go full size and upgrade. Make me an offer.

Which Exactrep Flyscreen are you selling? I was literally going to order one from them this week.

Dont understand why they stopped making accessories for this bike after only a few years. Its been the exact same for 11 years now so its not like they had to retool everything every few years.

My apologies, I sold it yesterday :/ had an offer within 10 minutes.

I'm 6'2" and had a stock seat height. This screen did hardly anything for wind. It did keep the bugs off the center console

Back