small flyscreen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jpvmax

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with these smaller windshields do they much if any wind at all, are they worth it if a guy whats some air deflection found some on e bay from $85-$120 the dark tint ones actually dont look that bad on the bike

They do take some air off of your chest. But, the downside is that it redirects the air right at your helmet.
I liked mine when I had it on. I would still have it but it didn't look right with my style of headlights, so when I made the desicion to get the headlights, I sold it. I'v been thinking about getting another and trying to reshape the bottom of it so it would look better with my set-up.

Attachments

• P1030152.jpg
    P1030152.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 51
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 44
  • SDC10278.jpg
    SDC10278.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 41
  • SDC10271.jpg
    SDC10271.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 47
does anyone have any experience with these smaller windshields do they much if any wind at all, are they worth it if a guy whats some air deflection found some on e bay from $85-$120 the dark tint ones actually dont look that bad on the bike
I Love my little fly screen or instrument cowl as Yamaha call's it.Just cosmetic IMO. Works great when u put yer chin on the airbox though:rofl_200:

I did try that fly screen, and i do ride long rides (500Km n over) and it allways shake my helmet,
nice look, under 120Km it`s Ok

Ciaow

I like mine. When I'm going 120, I crouch behind it. The air is very calm when you crouch behind them. At highway speed, it keeps the air and bugs off my chest.

Ive got a spitfire windshield on my 86 it stops a lot of air and doesnt look too horrible. I really like the look of the flyscreen posted above going to get one and put numbers on it so next time at the track they dont have to write all over my bike with markers.

Just went out and took pics with my phone so not the best quality but....
Spitfire windshield...

spitfire1.jpg

spitfire2.jpg
Horrendous117

spitfire2.jpg

Horrendous117

Last edited:
i very recently picked up a givi a123 windscreen and have been wondering why i waited so damn long. i have a morley seat ( which has a lower profile than the stock seat) and am right at 6' tall. ive noticed tha the bulk of the wind is directed just over my helmet. ( may be hitting above the face shield though) but it has made riding in 35 mph head winds a pleasure once again. its very common for us to have 25 - 50 mph winds in oklahoma. paid about 105 after shipping costs

+1 on the Givi..........Looks great on the Max, and for it's size does a pretty good job....................Tom.

+2 on the Givi. I like mine too, and now wonder why I waited so many years to add one to the bike. 5'10" with a Corbin seat and the wind hits me in the forehead area @35-45mph.

http://www.bikescreen.com/proddetail.asp?prod=YamahaVMax5

P7280455.JPG

A great place to do business, domestically-produced and high-quality, reasonably-priced, a good deal for any of their products. A day-trip to St. Augustine if you go to Biketoberfest or Bike Week.

Buy this one and trim it to fit if you don't need the entire height. Direct replacement fit for the stock Yamaha flyscreen. Available in colors/tints. check-out the website. I have used them for years.

I think the lines of this taller screen are fine.

I also have a mini screen on mine, just like the Givi but i bought it off eBay cause I liked the way mine looks much better, it makes a difference but not a huge one. That being said I'm leaving mine on for good cause I like the way it looks and it does help.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using tapatalk

When I bought my '85, it had the flyscreen on it. I didn't like the way it directed the air at my helmet, so I put on a spitfire. It got broken by a bird strike at something close to triple digits. Scary. Now I have a Hellfire, just a little wider than the Spitfire. I really like it, less helmet noise and almost no buffeting.

Had a C.F. fairing on the '98 for a while , but it didn't fit the later upgraded USD Kaw 750R forks . It kept the wind down a lot more than you would think .

Attachments

• DSC00324.jpg
    DSC00324.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 7-19-11 472.jpg
    7-19-11 472.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 14
Back