Sneeky cheap mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbadwheels

Reaction score
I'm looking to do a few mods this winter. I'm looking to get a little extra out of my Vmax without my friends noticing. Here are some of my ideas...
Dyna 3000 set to #2
Lightening the flywheel
Jetting up so I can add plates to my supertrapps
K&N filter
V-boost to come in at 3000 rpm's

Need more suggestions....

I'm looking to do a few mods this winter. I'm looking to get a little extra out of my Vmax without my friends noticing. Here are some of my ideas...
Dyna 3000 set to #2
Lightening the flywheel
Jetting up so I can add plates to my supertrapps
K&N filter
V-boost to come in at 3000 rpm's

Need more suggestions....

Dyno 3000 you will see no major performance increase for the dollar spent UNLESS you are running a NOS system or Super Charger and need to retard the timing.
Lightening the flywheel, From what I have read you cant feel any difference. The VMAX engine makes its numbers from torque not the quickness of HP.
Jetting will increase performance as long as you are capable of carb tuning.
Stage 7 or Morleys Jet Kit.
V-BOOST is a waste of money you wont see any increase in performance.
Sorry to shoot 90% of your VMAX performance ideas into reality of a waste of money but I am bringing reality to you.

My Suggestions. for 1000.00 which isnt much when trying to feel an increase in the VMAX since you have a pipe.

NItrous kit, by the time you are done $800-1000

Stage 1 head port and polish with a set of drop in cams and heavy valve springs. $1500.00

Set of lighter wheels such as Kossmans. 1800.00-2200.00

Magna Charger 5500.00

PCW 1500 Engine.

No gain for lightening '90 on up Vmaxes. I bought a lightened flywheel for my '89 and it now weighs the same as late model. I didn't notice a difference.

Best bet..................

Morley jet kit, and a full set of pipes, with a dyno tune.

You will be faster then stock and it looks sleepy, till you pop the airbox cover.

Latest posts

Back