solar trickle charger

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used 6 volt units for years on deer feeders with excellent results. Not sure about any particular brand tho'

Most Academy stores and feed stores, Ace hardware Etc. carry them in 6 and sometimes 12 volt units; 12 volt being a little harder to find.

Rusty

Get an odyssey battery and forget about the trickle charger

I've never used a trickle charger on anything but my riding lawnmower in the winter and lots of deer feeders.

I've found that a good battery and freuquent rides keep it charged just fine even with the shitty Yuasa battery.

Unfortuneatly (sp?) not every one has that luxury living in the Nasty northeast and midwest.

Rusty

Last edited:
ah, yes. the cruddy Yuasa battery. I have one sitting happily in my big ol scoot. Going to shop around to have an ODY on hand for the future since shipping to me in Hawaii is so crazy.

There unit i found being 5watts should pull in about .4 amps if i did the calculation correctly. Hawaii stil has a lot of sun so it would be fun to see if it worked.

Do the regulator fixes, and forget about a trickle charger, or a new battery - unless yours is shot..

Back