Speedo/tach harness connector

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the speedo has a connector or where it's located? The bundle goes below the top triple & into the opening in the right side frame but I could not find a connector anywhere along the way. The speedo gauge will not fit through the opening of the headlight frame either.

which model bike? The connector on a gen 2 tach/speedo cluster is on the backside of the frame and easier accessed with the airbox removed (has a few connectors all together). On a gen 1 it's easy and just inside the headlight bucket.

which model bike? The connector on a gen 2 tach/speedo cluster is on the backside of the frame and easier accessed with the airbox removed (has a few connectors all together). On a gen 1 it's easy and just inside the headlight bucket.
Gen 2. What is it about this bike that the engineers thought to complicate the simplest stuff???

Thankfully the airbox isn't that bad to remove but I agree.

Okay, last question. Is there a way to remove the speedo from the headlight that doesn't involve disconnecting those fittings at the back of the bike frame? I'm ditching the stock headlight for a more traditional round setup.

Back