Starter Switch Sticking - Recommendations?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie2ee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starter switch is sticking and has to be pushed at the pivot point to bring the switch back to neutral position. I opened up the switch and cleaned with silicone spray and switch is still sticky. I also used brake cleaner quickly followed by silicone spray. There seems to be mechanical friction between plastic parts. Looking for suggestions to resolve this issue. Also are new switches available? Thanks

A good reason for including your year bike in the signature line.

I'll reserve commenting until I know what bike we're trying to fix.

From your join date, I suspect a Gen. 1 but you could have traded-up.

My bike is a 1993...............not familiar with the signature line................and am not seeing other posts with bike information................thanks

In the upper right of the page, click on your name. One of the choices is 'signature,' where you can put your year of bike, for instance. It then appears at the bottom of your posts. If you ask for help then people can see there what year you have, if you don't mention it in your question/call for help.

I haven't opened a switch pod in awhile, maybe your spring got rusty, and lost tension, or broke? You can probably find one like it at a well-stocked hardware store, even if you have to clip it to length. One time, I used a ball-point pen spring to replace a spring.

Latest posts

Back