Swimming in the sky?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/08/g...izmos,+and+Awesome)&utm_content=Google+Reader

glass-bottom-pool-1.jpg

glass-bottom-pool-2.jpg

This is the end of the lap pool at the Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Kangqiao in China. It perches over the side of the building 24-stories up, and has a glass bottom so guests can pretend like they're swim-flying or something. I don't f***ing know, I'm not a penguin.

This gives guests a delirious sense of swimming in the sky -- they can see the street clearly down below while passers-by on Xiuyan Lu can see the swimmers way up above.

"I felt as if I was flying in the sky -- I could also enjoy the beautiful scenery of Pudong from here ... it's so cool and wonderful," a swimmer told CCTV.

Exactly 30 meters long (about 98 feet), six meters wide (20 feet) and 1.5 meters deep (5 feet), the swimming pool is the first of its kind in China.

Admittedly, that is pretty cool, I just don't know if I could brave it. The truth is, I'm scared of heights. And drowning. And, since we're on the subject, ghosts. Also, things that are unusually compartmentalized on the inside like honeycombs and pomegranates. No word how often they have to close the pool for cleaning because somebody shat in it.

Hit the jump for a shot of the pool from the inside of the hotel.

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/08/g...izmos,+and+Awesome)&utm_content=Google+Reader

glass-bottom-pool-1.jpg

glass-bottom-pool-2.jpg

This is the end of the lap pool at the Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Kangqiao in China. It perches over the side of the building 24-stories up, and has a glass bottom so guests can pretend like they're swim-flying or something. I don't f***ing know, I'm not a penguin.

This gives guests a delirious sense of swimming in the sky -- they can see the street clearly down below while passers-by on Xiuyan Lu can see the swimmers way up above.

"I felt as if I was flying in the sky -- I could also enjoy the beautiful scenery of Pudong from here ... it's so cool and wonderful," a swimmer told CCTV.

Exactly 30 meters long (about 98 feet), six meters wide (20 feet) and 1.5 meters deep (5 feet), the swimming pool is the first of its kind in China.

Admittedly, that is pretty cool, I just don't know if I could brave it. The truth is, I'm scared of heights. And drowning. And, since we're on the subject, ghosts. Also, things that are unusually compartmentalized on the inside like honeycombs and pomegranates. No word how often they have to close the pool for cleaning because somebody shat in it.

Hit the jump for a shot of the pool from the inside of the hotel.
I'm with you on the heights thing Todd, my feet plan on staying firmly planted on the ground or a nice set of Vmax footpegs!:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back