Swingarm bracing...another alternative

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
I nearly hijacked another thread:biglaugh: so I'm starting a new post so whoever is interested can be aware of a another possible source of vmaxparts.......He also makes a lot of nice looking CNC brake adapters....

There is a guy in the UK I ran across that sells a DIY kit for swingarm bracing that is much less expensive than our homegrown alternatives; plus his design looks good to me, a little more visible.

Here is his email

[email protected] < [email protected]>

And the link to Vmaxchat UK where his stuff is posted.....

http://www.customvmaxservices.co.uk/

Heads up, some said they tried to contact him with no luck, I did and he got back to me in less than 24 hours.

Hulign-frank says he HAS done business with him and was pleased, I haven't yet but will soon I hope. I will not attest to anything he does at this point.

Here the post from the other thread

Along with the pictures of his brace....

From Rusty;

I got an email response back from him in less than 24 hours.

He sells the complete kit shipped from UK to Texas for $125 usd and was willing to modify it to my specifications; my specification being to have the center vertical piece go to the existing cross piece in front of the tire instead of adding a new cross piece in front of the tire (see the first picture); due to the extra cross piece being in the way since I'm running an 18" wheel and plan on going to a 200/55-18 which is about 3/4" taller I think than my current tire.

For someone who can MIG weld or have it done this is WAY the hell cheaper than sending one out, even if I have to pay to have it powder coated afterwards.

I really like the design of his brace because on the caliper side it comes down and then back up where you can SEE it. vain I know but if I'm going to brace it I want to be able to see the brace....it would also allow the use of a VERY short torque rod in the event I go to an underslung rear brake caliper.

Here is my original email and Keiths email response back to me.

Hi,

I ran across your stuff in doing a search for a brace kit with peices I can weld in myself. Nice looking peices you are making there by the way.

Question

Do you ship to USA?

How much in USD for your two different kits?

I like the kit that is already put together ready to weld since it has 3 connection tubes between the brace and the swingarm; but I am running an 18" rear wheel and don't think it will work since it uses the extra cross piece in front of the tire.

Unless you can modify it to where the center tube will weld to the existing cross piece in front of the tire on my swingarm rather than having the NEW cross piece your kit uses that takes up the room in front of the tire that I need for my 18' wheel/tire.

I have a UFO 4-2 exhaust without a cross over, pretty much any design would work with my exhaust, and I do not have a center stand.

Keiths response

Hi, I can do you a standard one but make the tube fit to the original cross bar, total cost in USD including shipping will be $125. I take Paypal, please pay [email protected] RegardsKeith

Attachments

• swingarmbrace2.jpg
    swingarmbrace2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 57
  • swingarmbrace3.jpg
    swingarmbrace3.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 39
  • swingarmbarce1.jpg
    swingarmbarce1.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 72
Back