Tank bag?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeduckman

Reaction score
I'm needing some luggage for an upcoming 1500 mile trip. Really just need room for clothes, some gear....not a whole lotta stuff. I don't like the vmax hard bags, and detest leather floppy bags. I'm looking at these http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/5241/ITEM/Cortech-Sport-Saddlebag.aspx what do you guys think...they look cool and are big enough for what I need.

I would also like to know what you guys are using as far as tank bags. I've never had one....

Thanks.

Last edited:
you can only fit a small tank bag on the max so I use the mini from Cortech. Works the treat but it's pretty small.

"works the treat"!!!:rofl_200:
are ur mates cummin ova 4 pie n chips?:rofl_200::rofl_200:

jk mate.....struck me funny:rofl_200::rofl_200:!!!

i dunno if it suits u but i see alot of folks that wear a small backpack. not shure if its the treat tho:rofl_200:

I run the Joe Rocket Manta XL magnetic. It has somewhat the same lines ans the faux tank(that may be a stretch though), hold a ton of stuff, and stays on even in high winds and speeds over 100.

I went with the Cortech super mini tank bag and the Cortech saddlebags (http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/all_types/cortech_by_tour_master/)
Don't forget you will have to relocate the signal lights pretty much for whatever saddlebags you choose. I tried a few others from friends but they were just too long and looked dorky.... Here is a pic so you can see them on the Max.

Attachments

• bags & tank bag.jpg
    bags & tank bag.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 49
Mine is an Oxford Sport magnetic tank bag, I rarely take it off the bike anymore, it's just too damn usefull. But when I do take it off it's simple and there is nothing left on the bike.
It will hold enough for a weekend if you are creative.

Attachments

• 07 Burn Camp Poker Run.JPG
    07 Burn Camp Poker Run.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 55
Mine is an Oxford Sport magnetic tank bag, I rarely take it off the bike anymore, it's just too damn usefull. But when I do take it off it's simple and there is nothing left on the bike.
It will hold enough for a weekend if you are creative.

Your info says you are in Omaha. I am guessing that is the one in Nebraska. If so, how do you survive there with an Oklahoma t-shirt? :rofl_200:

Just learned to take some foul comments and shitty looks sometimes, no big deal. Grew up in OK though, so can't ever be a Husker!!

I bought a cargo tail bag and I really liked it. I took it on a weekend outing and it worked well. it is probaly the same size as a tank bag on the inside.
picture.php

"works the treat"!!!:rofl_200:
are ur mates cummin ova 4 pie n chips?:rofl_200::rofl_200:

jk mate.....struck me funny:rofl_200::rofl_200:!!!

i dunno if it suits u but i see alot of folks that wear a small backpack. not shure if its the treat tho:rofl_200:

What? What? Did I say something wrong??

OK... It works the bee's knees...

:biglaugh:

It is 14 long 10 wide. starts out a little over 7 high and unzips to close to 11 inches high. You can experiment wiht the hold downs there are 3 or 4 different ways to hold it on your bike. I have a corbin so it may be different with a stock style year. I have a plastic strap all the way under the seat(because I remove my seat when filling. It isn't bolted on and pops off easy) Plus the bungees. But the bungees work well by themselves also. I just didn't want a tank bag. The only issue is kicking your leg over the bike to get on and off. You have to change up a little.

Thanks for the info. I'm kinda in the market for a bag like that as my current one is cannot fit my rain gear in it with my other gear I like to carry. I'd like to get to the point of just packing a tailbag w/ no tank bag for trips.

Back