tboost??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe4550

Reaction score
is there any way 2 tell if you have tboost installed? iv just bought my first max and it feels like the boost kicks in at about 3-4k revs is there anyway to tell if its installed or not?

thanks joe

"is there any way 2 tell if you have tboost installed? iv just bought my first max and it feels like the boost kicks in at about 3-4k revs is there anyway to tell if its installed or not?
thanks, Joe"

Sure thing, Joe. Using a flashlight, you can see the boost slide arrangement, if you look on the right hand side of the bike, right between the carburator drain tubes, at the top of the 'H" shaped chrome cover.
Blip the throttle, raising the revs above 3 grand. If you have t-boost, you can see the slide operating.
Of course you do this with the bike parked, on the centrestand, in neutral. Doing it while riding may prove to be a tad difficult, and somewhat dangerous as well.
Cheers, Miles

Last edited:
Or, take off the left scoop and look for a small circular module that tees-in the harness between the bike and a square box banded to the electronics board. There should also be a small switch somewhere for it as well. That's the "cheater" that makes the factory v-boost controller think the motor is spinning twice as fast as actual. Typically the switch lets you choose stock 6000, 3000, or off.

I have one and leave it at stock 6000 98% of the time. The butt dyno says it makes the low-mid feel a bit more responsive and torquey, but real dynos say just the opposite, that it makes the motor run too rich.

thanks both of you will go get my flash light an have a gander now!

god dam i love this forum! its full of help for people as stupid as me lol

thanks both of you will go get my flash light an have a gander now!

god dam i love this forum! its full of help for people as stupid as me lol

Lol I feel the exact same way, this forum is damn near as important as having the owners manual for the bike. :clapping:

You can also whip off the seat,if you got Tboost you should have an extra wire spliced into the orange from #3 coil.......

Back