That went south fast....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
Every now and then we're reminded the common task we do thousands of times in our life can actually be dangerous at times: refueling. I can imagine all the engineers sitting around a table designing a $300,000 supercar the question of "What would happen if a dumbass in a minivan on the other side of the gas pump drives off with the nozzle still attached?" never occurred to them. Can't blame them. But now we know. Turns out the answer is the fuel from the hose will spray onto the car and immediately turn it into a fireball.

Incredible Dumbass Turns Lamborghini into Fireball at St. Louis Gas Station
If you're one of those folks who gets full-body shivers when they see a beautiful car smashed or burnt to cinders, then we're sorry: This story is going to suck.

That's because, on Saturday evening, a blue Lamborghini — specifically, a Huracan Performante — was transformed into a charred remnant of an automobile, and all because of arguably the dumbest thing that's ever happened in a gas station.

According to bystander Parker Gelber, the gorgeous, $275,000+ performance vehicle was taken from this world after a minivan, which had been fueling at an adjacent pump, drove off with the nozzle still connected.

"The pump sprayed fuel directly into the blue Huracan’s engine bay and it instantly ignited," Gelber wrote in a Facebook post Sunday. Thankfully, nobody was injured in the resulting inferno. But oh, the insanity!

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/new...orghini-into-fireball-at-kirkwood-gas-station

Their personal liability surely isn't going to cover that!

Not far from where I live, is a multiple exotic car factory dealership, it's in a huge new building that was purpose-built. They have an indoor multi-story garage for all those six and seven-figure cars. A while ago a brand new Ferrari burned up because while they had it on a battery charger something shorted and the car burned up in the garage. The sprinkler system put out the fire but it didn't react quickly enough to save the car which was a total loss.

It's a McLaren Ferrari Porsche and Audi dealer among others.

Here in FL it's the Dept. of Agriculture that checks the pumps. They've been finding stickie overlays on the credit card slots and the money dispenser, one gets your info off the magnetic strip and the other has a tiny pinhole camera to read your PIN #.

*&^$%$!!* skimmer a$$holes.

The Dept. of Agriculture does samples of the accuracy of the gas pumps. They found that one thief had the system set so that the first 4-1/2 gal. would be accurate, and then it would short you after that.

They have also found people parking on-top of the tank fill valves for the station, and then they remove hundreds of gallons into tanks in vans, this usually being done at night.

I once paid inside the station for a tank of gas, and looked at my receipt before I left the counter, and discovered the T^$#@!* clerk had charged me an extra $20 cash advance! Always check your receipt! I tried filing at the PD and they couldn't be bothered, and I sent a letter to the registered agent for the corporation that owned that location, and had no response. I should have gone-to one of the local TV stations that runs a consumer-fraud expose' investigative journalism program...

Back