To Paint Engine...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I want to paint my engine due to engine looking ugly, I obviously have to remove it and while it's out can I adjust valve clearances?

Will I need to buy any gaskets? and does anyone reccomend I do anything else while I am going to that trouble (don't need any engine work only 13k miles done) ?
Cheers Lads
icon7.gif
Get some paper, tape, sandpaper, and good spray paint. Do it in the frame unless you just have to do something else. You'll be riding a lot quicker, like the same day. And, you can get an ok job done. 13k is not a lot of miles.
Steve

Last edited:
Thanks heaps for the offer Sean I really appreciate it, I think I will just do what Steve said. I will see how it turns out with doing it in the frame. Thanks everyone for the input :punk:
Jared.

My Max is for sale so I'm gonna let the next guy paint it. :)

Paint it flat black and you'll get a lot more money for it.

Mine is a '94 painted flat black by the previous owner. You can see a picture in my album.

Paint it flat black and you'll get a lot more money for it.

Mine is a '94 painted flat black by the previous owner. You can see a picture in my album.
I was thinking of going with flat black also, it seems to be the colour of choice these days. Does it look ok with a gloss frame though?

Back