Traded my 2006 for a new 2015

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moleeye

Reaction score
I had been lurking around this forum for a while with the 06, gathering knowledge , when I decided to adopt the more is better attitude and made a quick trade.

Already put 163 miles on it since Saturday :eusa_dance:

I'm used to zippy bikes, so I wasn't overwhelmed by the power, I'm trying to go easy during the break in period:puke: The new engine seems a little constipated from newness, I expect it to loosen up after break in.

I was concerned about the heavier weight, there is definitely a noticeable difference between 1st & 2nd gen, the new one is rock steady on the road, I can feel the weight difference for sure during parking lot maneuvers but it handles fine around the curves.

As reported by most, the gas mileage is grotesque, seems to be around 22 mpg when trying harder and maybe 27 ( I'm an optimist ) when cruising..
I noticed 4th gear 60 to 70 mph engine speeds are nearly identical to gen 1 5th gear engine speeds, so the 5 th gear feels like a real overdrive, heheh.

Cheers

No real break in period on them? They have ceramic (Nikasil) cylinder walls so the rings are preset. The bearings don't need a break in either. It's your bike so do with it as you are comfortable.

No real break in period on them? They have ceramic (Nikasil) cylinder walls so the rings are preset. The bearings don't need a break in either. It's your bike so do with it as you are comfortable.

Yeah, I.m kinda hitting a medium between the owners manual and the" haul butt already!" approach .:biglaugh:

I did the same thing. Took my 06 in for a tune-up and walked out with a new '15! Already had the 600 mile check up. 1200 miles in I switched from 91 fuel to 89. I only use Chevron. The 89 is working great, maybe even a little better.

Dino - KX6D

Back