Trooper shoots biker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, was that called-for? Shooting a guy who evaded a traffic stop? Then again, here in Miami FL a cop used his Kel Light to fracture the cranium of someone on a Kawasaki for running red lights. Like this guy, the biker eventually did pull over, and he did suffer at the hands of the officers who swarmed him.

He died of his injuries from the beating he got and the trial of the officers involved caused days of rioting and millions of dollars in property damage.

In December 1979, police kill an African American Marine Corps veteran and successful salesman, Arthur McDuffie, after a high-speed chase. Though the officers claim McDuffie died from injuries he sustained crashing his motorcycle, a cover-up is soon revealed: in reality, McDuffie was beaten to death. Despite the evidence against the police officers, the trial, which has been moved to a more sympathetic venue in Tampa, clears the officers of all charges. All the jurors are white.
African Americans in Miami, shocked and infuriated by the outcome, begin rioting on May 17, 1980, burning cars and attacking whites. When the dust settles three days later, 17 people are dead and over 1000 have been arrested. President Jimmy Carter visits Miami soon afterward, and asks the community to take action first before the federal government supplies funds to rebuild. It is an election year, and Carter faces a foe, Ronald Reagan, who seeks to shrink the role of the federal government. The frustrated black residents of Miami and McDuffie's family never obtain justice, and their neighborhoods sustain nearly $100 million in riot damage.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/eyesontheprize/story/23_florida.html

Fuck no!! This is not justified! I hate stupid ass cops like this one....they are the ones that make my job harder because people act like we are all the same. 1-you dont shoot from your moving vehicle unless you are being engaged by gunfire and you cant escape it. 2 - you dont shoot somebody that is not an immediate threat to you or a citizen. I love Texas justice but this goes too far. And he only got 3 days off without pay?? Bullshit, he should have been fired and convicted criminally. Not to mention the lawsuits for him violating his use of force policy.

One thing I love about technology is that now these bad-ass cops will get caught more and more abusing their authority and hopefully getting well deserved punishment.

That's ridiculous, if that happened here in NZ the shit would hit the fan.
The chase would have been called off because it's deemed to be too dangerous, surely the cop could have run his plate and got him later on.
Firing shots into a residential area like it's the wild west is beyond stupid, what if a bunch of kids just happened to be playing around outside whilst this moron is shooting up the place.
The cop would have been kicked off the force for trying to play dirty Harry all for a traffic violation?
Granted the guy on the bike was a dick but did he need to be shot for his traffic offence and then suffer a kung fu kick from dirty Harry?

I have suffered at the violent hands of the Texas arm of justice. I wish I could go into details but until the lawsuit is settled me attorney says not to give any out. All I can say is cops think they are above the law...and that my friends is bullshit when they get their money from OUR pockets

Fuck no!! This is not justified! I hate stupid ass cops like this one....they are the ones that make my job harder because people act like we are all the same. 1-you dont shoot from your moving vehicle unless you are being engaged by gunfire and you cant escape it. 2 - you dont shoot somebody that is not an immediate threat to you or a citizen. I love Texas justice but this goes too far. And he only got 3 days off without pay?? Bullshit, he should have been fired and convicted criminally. Not to mention the lawsuits for him violating his use of force policy.

And motorcycle riders like this guy are the exact reason many people see all motorcyclist as Hooligans and criminals. I like the police and can't believe the shit that they have to put up with and deal with on a daily basis. This guy certainly did not deserve to be shot if the story is correct. I can assure you that I'll never be shot or tased by a police. If you stop, and do what they say, be it your fault or not, right or wrong, lets face it, you probably won't be shot.
We have a police here in Perth that has been paralyzed and wheelchair bound for several years now because while trying to stop a drunken brawl a guy head butted him from behind and knocked him to the concrete. The guy not only got off claiming self defense but he has just started a civil suit against the cop for a large sum of money. It's complete bullshit and shouldn't be allowed. It's easy to put shit on the cops and say you hate them but just wait until you really need one some time. You'll never appreciate someone more.

P.S. If I get a ticket soon, I may take this all back.

I have suffered at the violent hands of the Texas arm of justice. I wish I could go into details but until the lawsuit is settled me attorney says not to give any out. All I can say is cops think they are above the law...and that my friends is bullshit when they get their money from OUR pockets
"Cops think they are above the law"??? Really? Exactly like i was saying, it makes us all look bad. Thanks a113ycat for classifying me and ALL of my brothers in the entire country as "above the law" vigilanties. Im sure thats the attitude you had when the Texas arm of justice randomly picked you out of a crowd. Im sure you did nothing to warrant the Police being there in the first place. Maybe now if you or somebody you know ever needs help you will call a street gang member, a drug dealer, or a rapist to come help you instead of a fucking pig cop. Cheers

Back