Ugliest bike paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, damn ugly color! what is absolutely hilarious is that one of the 2022 Harley colors is the same awful grey.

I never liked matte black either, until I bought my 2012 Gen 2 now I kinda like it. I’d still like to accentuate the bike with some red. When I’m on it most people think the color is blurr, cause that’s how it looks as I go by, lol. Hope you get to ride today, stay safe!96126303-2219-4FC7-8202-AD4B55B3F190.png

Not done right in the least, but looks good enough to be on the road. This truck right now does not look like this at all. About 15 years from the time this was done to its current state. The next "paint" job will be rhino liner. Cause the truck will be used as a desert romper after its built. It will rarely see public streets in any real driving situations.

11 Truck.jpg

Rhino/Linex painted body

Attachments

• IMG_20191227_143011.jpg
    IMG_20191227_143011.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 37
I almost ran over some Harley, it had color very close to pavement.

Not done right in the least, but looks good enough to be on the road. This truck right now does not look like this at all. About 15 years from the time this was done to its current state. The next "paint" job will be rhino liner. Cause the truck will be used as a desert romper after its built. It will rarely see public streets in any real driving situations.
Rino liner is not reversible. Value of your truck can drop 10x, whatever it is now. Sooner or later everything gets sold.
I like red and yellow bikes(painted lots of bikes red) and I am sure some people believe these colors are ugly. No problem! Some people like brown bikes... 😱

Every time I see any vehicle painted non-professionally in matte black, the first thing that comes to mind is that it is or was stolen.
I think the color can be used to achieve a certain look but much like flames, eagles, spikes and "live to ride" emblems the entire blacked out thing has become cliché and overdone. Does it matter? not really, I can't see most of my bike when I am riding it and I don't care what some one else thinks when its parked. I have the bike for what it does for me when riding.

Rino liner is not reversible. Value of your truck can drop 10x, whatever it is now. Sooner or later everything gets sold.
I like red and yellow bikes(painted lots of bikes red) and I am sure some people believe these colors are ugly. No problem! Some people like brown bikes... 😱
First, my truck is a 1988. Its a common body style that plagues the road ways now. So its by no means a rare truck. Second, the amount of work being done to it in the past and now just increases the value. Rebuilt engine for pulling/climbing. AC installed in the truck, entire interior was redone and getting redone again. The only thing I am going backwards on is the transmission. Automatic to standard(the GM NV4500 variant). Right now the truck is getting a solid axle swap and going heavy duty 4WD. Lastly....when this truck is ready to be sold....I will be dead. Why do I say this....this year marks the 20th year I have owned this truck. Got it with 140K miles on it. Since the odometer is broken at 300 and change, I am well over 400K on it now. Not even wrecks deter me. This truck has been 4 rear end collisions and one side swipe from the right and behind. The truck is cheap to repair and keep running.

Addendum....In my part of the world....pickups hold tremendous value. Everyone and their brother pays(Even before the sniffle virus) top dollar for pickups. Its not uncommon for stock pickups to sell for 75K and up and modded trucks to sell for 100K and up. And guess what....some of those have the flat black rhino liner on em. Some have tan, white, and theres even one with red white and blue rhino liner kicking around.

My 2004 truck I bought for $500 and 200K miles on it has had 2 offers since I owned it. The first one was before the sniffles virus and an offer of 10K. But that was when I got the thing all put together and running right. The second was last year for 15K when the person couldnt find new trucks cause of the chip shortage. Last year I sold a 1993 GMT400(truck like I shown in my picture) for 7500. Put an engine in it and got rid of it.

I guess what I am saying is that in your part of the world(just like those in major cities) pickups hold no use and value. In my world, where 25% of my states roads are paved.....pickups will and always command a premium.

Love the steampunk Goldwing above. The guy spent some time on that thing before fogging it. It is an exception to my rule below.

But in general, I dislike amateurish matte black paint jobs. Especially those where the guy didn’t bother masking anything. He simply sprayed over every nut and bolt, every clamp, every bracket, every strut and other detail on the motorcycle. One Matt black blob. That, to me, indicates somebody who is just too lazy to do any work to detail the machine. Fog the whole bike indiscriminately and you have an instant $10,000 custom.

supercharger? the guy must be really fat, if stock engine cannot move him fast enough... 😱

Fuel additive storage since some locations do not have adequate premium available
55kCPx4.jpg

EEZHEL9.jpg

Back