V-rod owners imprssions of the New V-max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread. For the record, I've test ridden all the new V-rods and like most of them, although I still think my 2003 V-Max is a better bike. I'm delighted that there's a new V-Max. I tend to ride my V-Max like a big Harley (loafing cruiser style) and now I don't have to feel guilty about it, since I ride one of the "slow" old ones. ;)

This winter I went to the local Harley dealer and very nearly picked up a Night Rod Special. I had credit setup, I was going to trade my vmax in for it.

I'm soooo glad I didn't.

I had the 09 vmax in the back of my mind the whole time. I knew it was coming out, but I wasn't sure when. It looks so kick ass. Originality and an homage to the original.

That night rod looks like something from the toy dept at Wal-Mart by comparison. I can't believe how much the new vmax made it look so much better by comparison.

And 197hp. :eusa_dance:

Now I can't bring myself to sell my old vmax because I'm going to want it parked next to the new one when it comes in.

Can't bring myself to getting rid of my '97 Vmax either, had it too long, too much fun.
MNFatz, I also had an '86 zx1000r. Do you still have yours?

Can't bring myself to getting rid of my '97 Vmax either, had it too long, too much fun.
MNFatz, I also had an '86 zx1000r. Do you still have yours?

Still have it!

Just pulled the carbs out for the X time in 20 years. Kinda stumped on how to solve this one; the vacuum petcock leaks despite rebuilding and the carb float bowls overflow despite the most anal retentive cleaning I'm capable of.

What scares me more is the vmax is next up. I'm losing a cylinder when floor the throttle-lots of missing and stumbling. generally down low but now it's happening all the way to redline if I don't move the throttle around a few times.

I'm in a rut. Nothing works!

-fatz

On the Kawi, if the float settings are correct, the float valve might be worn, or the float punctured, aLthough you've probably already checked that.
On the Vmax, it could be electrical due to bad grounds, plug wires or coil.
Do you have an aftermarket jet kit?

Wow, nobody has posted on this forum for quite a while. Has everyone given up on the new Max already or are you all busy drinking? :biglaugh:

Back