Vboost issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I hold the throttle right at 6000 rpm, the Vboost will accelerate the scooter all on it's own. Good way to test it to see if it is working.... I had to replace my Vboost a few years ago, decided to go with a used unit. Still seems to work fine...

I have a 2002 which the PO had installed a T-Boost on. When I got the bike I didn't detect any sort of enhanced performance at any rpm's with the T=Boost switch in either position. I suspected that the unit was faulty so I removed it and put everything back to stock configuration. At initial power-up I can hear the servo cycling both ways but I still cannot detect any increase in performance at or above 6000 rpm. The bike runs great and I love the sound that the stock exhaust makes when revved up, and at idle it sounds like a 70's muscle car with a cam. Iconic bikes, been wanting one since I was 25 when they came out. Had to wait til I was 60 to finally get one, HAH! So, any ideas, anyone?

I forgot to mention that I installed a set of COPS to replace the split-jacketed OEM coils. I do not believe that the wiring to the COPS incorporate a resistor. I have emailed the vendor to ask him about it. Would the lack of a resistor cause a failure signal to the Boost Controller? I should note that the V-Boost didn't seem to work with the OEM coil set-up either...

The 1990+ ignition system is supposed to be less-susceptible to CDI box failure when using COP's. You should be able to tell when the VBoost works, because it's like someone lit a JATO bottle attached to your bike, very 'cammy' in effect. The bike surges forward with an urgency not-felt lower in the rev range. There are some riders with the 1990+ stock CDI boxes who have ridden many miles without the resistors, I have the Splicker Designs (set which does use the resistors, from the member on-here who makes 'em), and have never had an issue.

I have a 2002 which the PO had installed a T-Boost on. When I got the bike I didn't detect any sort of enhanced performance at any rpm's with the T=Boost switch in either position. I suspected that the unit was faulty so I removed it and put everything back to stock configuration. At initial power-up I can hear the servo cycling both ways but I still cannot detect any increase in performance at or above 6000 rpm. The bike runs great and I love the sound that the stock exhaust makes when revved up, and at idle it sounds like a 70's muscle car with a cam. Iconic bikes, been wanting one since I was 25 when they came out. Had to wait til I was 60 to finally get one, HAH! So, any ideas, anyone?
I have 3 position swich installed by previous owner. When i switch to boost, it sounds like a vtwin, like boom boom. But when i ride i never feel vboost kick in. I guess its in the background.

Yeah but isn't that the whole point of the V-Boost, to put it in the fore-ground? I'm pretty bummed, I've waited a long time for the V-max experience and I'm not getting it. AAARRRGGHHH!!!

Yeah but isn't that the whole point of the V-Boost, to put it in the fore-ground? I'm pretty bummed, I've waited a long time for the V-max experience and I'm not getting it. AAARRRGGHHH!!!
Only sounds like vtwin. All 4 working., but very different sound. I feel kick in at 6 -7 rpm.

Back